dawsonbarber

PL5 Site on WP Engine

dawsonbarber

I just tested an "installation copy" on WP Engine and am relieved/pleased to report that everything copied over perfectly.

Simon

I just tested an "installation copy" on WP Engine and am relieved/pleased to report that everything copied over perfectly.

Hope so too, weve been running on WPE for a while now ;)

I actually have a snippet of code that empties the WPE caches when you click save in the pl5 editor.

/**
   * Clear WPE caches when PL5 saves on pagelines.com
   */
  function wpengine_pl5_cache() {
    if( ! class_exists( 'WpeCommon' ) ) {
      return false;
    }
    WpeCommon::purge_memcached();
    WpeCommon::clear_maxcdn_cache();
    WpeCommon::purge_varnish_cache();
    error_log( 'pl5 - cleared WPE caches.' );
  }
  add_action( 'pl_server_save_page', 'wpengine_pl5_cache' ); 

We might add it into some sort of 'pro' plugin later, but seeing as you are on WPE feel free to add it to a plugin file :)

• Like 1

dawsonbarber

Thanks, Simon.

No doubt that snippet will be helpful.

Cheers

rsmm

Is there an equivalent action hook for DMS 2. We've got a bunch of sites on WP Engine, and we're always running into caching issues.

Simon

change the action to 'clean_post_cache'

rsmm
36 minutes ago, Simon said:

change the action to 'clean_post_cache'

Awesome! Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• DanatTLFN
      By DanatTLFN
      Hi Pagelines Team, 
      Following on from my last thread about moving to WPEngine, I recently spoke to GoDaddy over the phone. 
      The reason for the move was due to an increase the recent downtime of my site. They taught me how to clear the cache on my site but after doing this we noticed that the reource limit would quickly spike.

I spoke to their hosting department employee and he told me that I should contact my theme provider and ask for any further information on why this might be happening?
      Kind regards,
      Dan

• timtimhungerfordcom
      By timtimhungerfordcom+
      I need some help with a WP Engine Migration tool.  I manage http://xtremio.com/ with WP Engine and use there auto migration from a STAGING to LIVE and Migrating all Tables in the database.  For the last few months the site has been migrating perfectly.  But starting last week the site started dropping a single page.  Here are the notes please let me know if you have any ideas on why this is happening.  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kuyDXqqymiNoyToO8yDutXn3Mkx-hoBOBjffimjfYvo/edit?usp=sharing
    • carletto0282
      By carletto0282+
      Hi guys,

I'm hosting a website on Pagely for a client but I'm facing a really weird issue.
      Apparently without any reason the site goes blank... it loads only a white page.

Taking a look to the source I found that the page is loading correctly the layout code (divs and spans of dms layout are there) but they are empty... no content is loaded.

Here is the answer I get from Pagely support

My client is getting quite upset with this issue ... and I like to solve this... I'd prefer not to change DMS nor hosting.
      So can you please help?

Thank you

Best regards
      Carlo
    • dawsonbarber
      By dawsonbarber+
      I originally added some posts to an existing thread I found by doing a search:

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/35578-wpengine-copy-fail-502-bad-gateway-error/

It turns out that that was in a PageLines sub-forum, not DMS.

Hopefully by posting here, I'll get a response.

My original addition to the above-noted thread had to do with an installation copy on WP Engine that did not go well.

WP Engine had a senior engineer take look at things and found that the root cause was that the theme (I'm using iBlogPro6) was coded to set options using the absolute server path instead of the relative path.   Did a search and replace (of the copy-from and copy-to domain name) with this: https://interconnectit.com/products/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/and everything loaded as it should.   That, of course, should not be necessary.   Today we did a server migration on WP Engine and I ended up with a blank site, due to the same problem.   It would be nice if this could be addressed in an update (to any/all themes "guilty" of this same problem).   Please advise.
    • abuzzelli
      By abuzzelli+
      Hi I just moved a site I designed to a new url using backupbuddy. All of the links changed correctly except the ones I manually entered into some of the sections. Is there an easy way to change these without doing each one manually?