Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stephen2

PLNextBox disappears and removes everything below it

stephen2

We've been having a frustrating issue with the PLNextBox. It simply disappears and removes all sections below it. 

All our web properties are hosted at Flywheel, we are using a conservative set of plugins  and each PLNextBox contains a simple contact form. 

I can't find any helpful comments in the forums about this issue other than users reporting they've had to remove it. 

Thoughts? 

Simon

Well its simply impossible for it to remove sections below it, what is more likely is that you have a shortcode or some PHP that is causing a PHP fatal error and the page is just stopping at that point.

Check your error logs.

Pretty sure flywheel provide them now ;)

stephen2

We can rule out shortcodes and PHP, I personally filled each box and neither are there. Only a contact form.  

I will reach out to Flywheel and ask for error logs. What should I look for? 

Simon

We can rule out shortcodes and PHP, I personally filled each box and neither are there. Only a contact form.  

I will reach out to Flywheel and ask for error logs. What should I look for? 

is the contact form pure HTML?

what are you putting in the box?

stephen2

HTML form that validates using Parsley.js 

Form data is sent to a HIPAA compliant web form service - luxsci.com. 

There is a single line of javascript above the form that controls spam. 

You're welcome to check out the code - use this page as it still contains a PLNextBox and form
https://www.morningsiderecovery.com/addiction-treatment/

Danny

Can you provide a screenshot of your NextBox settings so we can see exactly what you're entering please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

stephen2

Here you go...

PLNextBox-Settings.jpg

Simon

well that only shows the 1st few lines, can you pastebin it or gist or something?

stephen2

Code inside:  

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="https://secureform.luxsci.com/intranet/php/secureform.php?v=1&c=13782-4297-uo6d&f=myForm"></script>

<h3 class="light">Contact us for a free assessment</h3>

<form class="form" name="myForm" data-parsley-validate method="post" onSubmit="return secureform_submit();" action="https://secureform.luxsci.com/perl/post/13782-4297-uo6d">
    <div class="control-group info">
        <label class="control-label" for="fullname"></label>
        <div class="controls">
            <input type="text" placeholder="Full Name" name="fullname" data-parsley-trigger="change" required/>
        </div>
    </div>
        <label class="control-label" for="primary-email"></label>
        <div class="controls">
            <input type="email" placeholder="Primary Email" name="primary-email" data-parsley-trigger="change" required/>
        </div>
    </div>
        <label class="control-label" for="primary-phone"></label>
        <div class="controls">
            <input class="form-control" type="text" placeholder="Primary Phone" name="primary-phone" data-parsley-trigger="change" required/>
        </div>
    </div>

<h3 class="light">How did you learn about us?</h3>

<label class="checkbox inline">
        <input type="checkbox">Internet Advertising</label>
        <input type="checkbox">Word of mouth</label>
        <input type="checkbox">Alumni</label>
        <input type="checkbox">Other</label>
    <br>
    <br>
        <label class="control-label" for="message"></label>
        <div class="controls">
            <textarea rows="6" placeholder="Add any additional information here." name="message"></textarea>
        </div>
    </div>
    <div class="form-actions">
        <button type="submit" class="btn btn-primary btn-large">Submit</button>
    </div>
    </div>
</form>

Simon

Yea i just see 4 js warnings about parsley parse errors because of missing input names.

Where did you get the for html from?

Next time this happens click view source of the page, if the page stops at the nextbox then that indicates a php error has occured and stopped the page dead.

Whats more than likely is because you are hosting the form js and php file remotely its timing out and waiting for that js to be delivered before carrying on with the page.

Putting the js scripts into the footer would stop that.

stephen2

I wrote the code myself. I saw four warnings about the checkbox inputs, but there aren't any errors.  

The contact forms are on every page - sitewide - over 600 pages. If the warnings were the cause, I'd be experiencing errors at a catastrophic rate throughout the site. 

The trouble is limited to two pages: Home Page and the Alcohol Addiction Treatment page. 

I viewed the error logs like you and I found fatal errors. Is it possible I'm experiencing database errors? 

[28-Sep-2015 19:34:08 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2167188 bytes) in /www/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1173
[28-Sep-2015 19:34:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2167188 bytes) in /www/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1173
[28-Sep-2015 19:35:02 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2167188 bytes) in /www/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1173
[28-Sep-2015 19:35:21 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2167188 bytes) in /www/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1173
[28-Sep-2015 22:02:23 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4091471 bytes) in /www/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1092
[28-Sep-2015 22:04:34 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4091471 bytes) in /www/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1092
[28-Sep-2015 22:05:37 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2167188 bytes) in /www/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1173
[28-Sep-2015 22:06:44 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2167188 bytes) in /www/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1173

Simon

Right now were getting somewhere,

Do you have the pagelines dev plugin installed by any chance?

Is the uploads dir writable?

The css is compiling on EVERY pageload, css isnt being written out to files so its panicing and compiling on the fly, this will be the root cause of your memory errors.

stephen2

Can I move this discussion off-line or make this discussion private.

In order to proceed, I need to give you access to our staging server.

Yes I have Pagelines Dev Plugin installed. 

Simon

You can send me a PM on the forum, I get instant notifications, and its private.

• Similar Content

• mno
      By mno+
      In DMS we used to have the section "PLNextBox"that was pretty handy for adding php code in different parts of the page. I used it a lot in global sections like the footer and header to detect what is the current language of the site and based on that output the right string.
      Is the embed section going to support php in the future? are you bringing PLNextBox to PL5? is there another way to work with multiple languages for the global footer and header sections?

• thebrasseffect
      By thebrasseffect+
      I'm having an issue with the PLNextbox where the content of the box tends to disappear for no reason. I'm going to include the link because for whatever reason I can't upload the photo - http://screencast.com/t/j62AS6vm0mj and here's what it looks like after a few f5 refreshes - http://screencast.com/t/voR6w7CM 
            The site is located at http://thebrasseffect.com/development/nt        I'm on DMS 2.1 and I have the following plugins activated:     Add from server, Akismet, Better iBoxes, Classy, Contact Form7, Custom Sidebars, DMS Professional Tools, Duplicate Post, Enhanced Options Editor, Flowy, Flyp PL Section, Footer Extras DMS, Icon Font Shortcode, Jetpack, Pagelines Updater, PageTitle PL DMS Section, PLNextbox, Poppy, Search by Google, Shortcode Quicktags, Sidekick and Wordpress SEO.     I need to get this corrected as soon as possible so a resolution to this would be great
    • glennyboy
      By glennyboy
      Hi

I've experienced a major problem. I was using PL NextBox on a custom post type detail page. As far as I know the php content was fine, but on refreshing / loading the page I get "Oops, There may be an issue loading". problem is that I hadn't created a template for the individual custom post type yet and so it's pulling up an unknown template. I simply can't get rid of the error as there is no template to delete. Very frustrating. Please advise how to reset this particular post type in DMS. Is there a fallback?

Best Regards   Glennyboy
    • Gonchar
      By Gonchar
      PLNextBox plugin update from 1.0 for 1.1 has broken all existing PLNextBox sections!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could you say How it is possible in DMS Company?