Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ellery

How to load custom LESS/CSS by NOT using frontend panel?

Ellery

Can any one please tell me how to load custom LESS/CSS as a file, instead of adding it in front-end panel?

I use the pageline starter child theme, and attached is the structure of the file.

Here is how I do it: I simply copy all the css in the LESS/CSS panel and paste it in the style.less file.

But as it turned out, this file is not loaded on the front-end (not included the style.less file).

Can you please tell me what did I do wrong?

I am using: 

WP 4.3.1
DMS 2.2

Thank you.

001.png

Danny

Hi,

If you have added your custom CSS/LESS to your child themes style.less file, it should load on your site like it did when you were using the CSS/LESS editor in the DMS Toolbar. If this isn't working, you likely have a cache plugin active, do not have the child theme active or your have CSS/LESS errors in your code.

Can you provide a link to the site in question and also provide the code you have added to the style.less file (please use GitHub gist when copying and pasting code).

Please search our forums, before posting!

Ellery

Thanks for your support Danny.

The development is currently on my local machine so there is no public link for the website.

I have attached my plugin list screenshot, which did not have cache plugin installed.  Also theme selection screenshot, and the exact less file used.  

About the LESS file, it seems running correctly when I run the exact same content in the custom panel, but it does not work when it is put as a file.

Thank you.

style.less

001.png

002.png

Danny

It very difficult to diagnose your issue when we're unable to view the site in question. All I can recommend is you disable all active plugins and see if the issue persists and make sure you have the latest version of DMS installed.

I also notice that you have the PageLines Customize plugin enabled, please disable this as it does the same job as a child theme and to my knowledge isn't compatible with DMS Framework.

If it does, go to DMS Pro Tools options page and make sure you haven't enabled the CDN option. If you have, remove the URL added and disable the option. If that doesn't resolve your issue, zip up your child theme and export your theme settings and send them to me via email.

danny at pagelines dot com

Also, before sending them. Please try my Skeleton theme which you can download here and see if that resolves your issue.

http://dannyholt.github.io/skeleton/

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• mdsirajul
      By mdsirajul
      So far so good - Thanks to the the pagelines theme for the free version, I am running two of my hobby blog in this platform.

I have found two problems that I like to share here.

Firstly-  The LESS CSS is not working when I add new css code, after publishing and then refreshing the css code is gone. Then I applied external CSS files linked in the header, now its okay.

Secondly- Broken lay out in Internet Explorer.
      Recently I have found severe problem checking my blog in Internet explorer 8. The CSS is fine but the lay out is totally broken down. The side bar supposed to be in the right side 350px and content should be 650px on left side.

But in internet explorer the content column took the whole screen , right side bar forced to down after the content column.

Then I curiously check up on the official pagelines blog, but it has the same problem. Plus it has an added problem, the images did not loaded fully. I am provinding the screen shot here .[attachment=1819:pagelines.jpg]