Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fruiz

[Solved] Site Appears Scrambled but Looks Fine through DMS Editor

fruiz

Hi guys,

I've been working on this site for a while now and out of the blue it started acting strangly. Some items and text disappeared, backgrrounds appeared stretched and the home page (and a couple of other pages) started looking all scrambled (both in Firefox and Safari). The interesting thing is that when I visit the same pages through WP and DMS editor, everything looks fine. Could anyone have a look and let me know what may be going on. I have everything up to date, I also deactivated all plugins and activated them back one at a time. None of that helped. I have enabled debug if that helps. The site is www.rsvpmallorca.com . It's a private site and I'm using a "Hide My Site" plugin, but I can PM the password, if needed (I also tried deactivating this plugin but that didn't work either).

Any help is much appreciated, I needed to have the site working by the end of this week. Thank you!

Danny

Hi,

We can't help unless you disable all active plugins. Please disable them all and we can take a closer look.

There is no point in sending your password via pm when all plugins are active, as this may be the cause of the problem. So please disable all active plugins and then reply here when you have done so. Be sure to check to see if the issue persists when all plugins are disabled.

Also, if you have a cache plugin, please flush the cache on the plugins settings before disabling it.

Please search our forums, before posting!

fruiz

Got it. Plugins have been disabled and the issue persists. I don't have a cache plugin, I flushed cache through DMS editor.

Not sure if this helps, but here's a more specific example of the issue I'm having, the home page should look exactly like its Spanish version, yet that's not the case. 

Thank you for your help!

Danny

Your site is still protected ?

fruiz

Hi Danny, this is really strange. I disabled all the plugins yesterday, the site was unprotected when I last checked. But yes, you're right, all the plugins are back on. I don't undersand how this is even possible. Can the site be acting on its own? I disabled plugins again, the site is unprotected now. Do you mind checking again? Thanks.

Danny

With all plugins disabled, your site appears to be working as intended. Therefore, the issue is caused by one of your plugins, I am going to assume it is the cache plugin.

fruiz

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your response! I must say I'm a bit confused here. With all plugins disabled the site still appears scrambled, (same thing in different browsers and computers), yet it appears perfect in DMS editor, which makes it impossible to fix the messed up pages. Also, I don't think I have a cache plugin. What else could be causing this and how do I get control over my site again, there is definitely something wrong with it. Thank you again!

Danny

Hi,

Your issue appears to be related to custom HTML you have added, as it is being repeated throughout your site. You're going to have to review your sections and correct the invalid HTML you have added.

The invalid HTML is as followed:

<a href="http://www.rsvpmallorca.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/bg_button-copy.png">

As far as I can tell, the issue is that you haven't closed the a tag correctly and therefore, it is being repeated until it hits a closed a tag. On the screenshot I have provided you can see that a tag HTML being repeated several times on that area I focussed on.

https://cloudup.com/ch5_aPol-Xt

fruiz

Thank you so much, Danny! Yes, that was the problem, I wish I could have figured it out myself. I can't believe I spent so much time on something so simple. I guess what confused me was that the site appeared fine through editor. Thank you for your time again, I hope you have a great day!

Danny

No problem.

Danny

This topic has been marked as solved and therefore closed.