Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Louie

First Impression

Louie

I finally had time to install Platform 5 and use it this evening. I have a new project and will be using Platform for it...I've found the best way to learn software is to commit a project to it. Then, you're forced to learn it and resist the temptation to give up and walk away. All-in-all, I see some enormous potential in this software and am excited to be apart of the process. Now the questions and comments: 

Installation: 

- I was worried about this whole "mass plugin" thing, but it all went smooth. I think installation was faster than DMS 2 because there's quick links to get everything downloaded and installed once the plugin is active. I also love signing in vs. hunting down my activation password every time. 

Interface: 

- It's really clean, although the sidebar text can be a little difficult to read. 
- The Page Layout section gave me flashbacks of Framework
- Faster, smoother, cleaner than DMS -- that's for sure. 
- Love the instant preview -- no more waiting for save, refresh, damn it didn't save, refresh, refresh...oh now there's my preview. 

Questions/Confusions (I am known to be retarded at times, so I could have just overlooked these settings)

I know a lot of this stuff can be solved with CSS/LESS/ETC, but I'm confirming that these settings aren't coded anywhere and I'm just missing them.

- SLIDER: I was hoping we'd finally solve the slider thing, but it seems like the best route is still to purchase Rev and use their interface. The slider on here is missing transitions, auto play, transition time, etc. I know, I hate sliders too, but almost every single one of my clients wants a damn photo slider...because their friends have it. 

CALLOUT SECTION: Lots of padding between the text and button, anyway to adjust this? Adjust button position (left, right, bottom)?

CONTAINERS: Size & Scroll Effect only has [None] and [Window Height] as choses. Where did all of the Parallax options go?

Suggestions for the future:  

- COLOR PICKER: Would love the RGB back on the color pickers -- perhaps even adding an RGBA. 

- FONT AWESOME: I'm thinking there has to be a better way to list the FA icons available (iBoxes I'm looking at you). A scrolling list of names means you have to cross reference with the FA cheat sheet from their site. Icons instead of text perhaps? (seen plugins that have been doing that). 

BUILDER: Ability to adjust the width of the builder area, mainly for CSS input. DMS is nice in that it has a nice big box to code with. 

That's it for now, time to get back to work! 

-Louie

Andrew

We will be adding more extensions like a more options intensive container and slider. 

COLOR PICKER: Would love the RGB back on the color pickers -- perhaps even adding an RGBA. 

we hacked WPs color pickers, so we're just using what that comes with.

FONT AWESOME: I'm thinking there has to be a better way to list the FA icons available (iBoxes I'm looking at you). A scrolling list of names means you have to cross reference with the FA cheat sheet from their site. Icons instead of text perhaps? (seen plugins that have been doing that). 

We've tried to do this in the past, not an easy solution actually since you cant add html to select elements.

BUILDER: Ability to adjust the width of the builder area, mainly for CSS input. DMS is nice in that it has a nice big box to code with. 

Good suggestion, this will likely make a showing somewhere around 5.1

Jackey
On 26 september 2015 22:12:02, Andrew said:

COLOR PICKER: Would love the RGB back on the color pickers -- perhaps even adding an RGBA. 

we hacked WPs color pickers, so we're just using what that comes with.

Although the picker does not support rgba. Entering rgba(167, 168, 170, .15) in the input field works fine!

Aires
3 hours ago, Jackey said:

Although the picker does not support rgba. Entering rgba(167, 168, 170, .15) in the input field works fine!

Did not know that TY.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.