Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aires

My first impressions

Aires

I really like the look and feel of platform 5 its very clean and easy on the eyes. 

The first thing that bothered me was the method of installing add on. 

You select a extension its opens up a new tab in the browser... then takes you to the activate screen. From there you have to navigate back to pagelines  > extend > and do it all over again with in 20 min I had 10 tabs opened up. Could it be possible to add a check box next to the extensions with one button to install the ones selected.

Just my thoughts. Back to playing around in platform 

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Simon

Yea, we added the open in new tab as a sort of 'fix for now'.

We already have multiple plugin install with a patch I have in a test branch, but we are in feature lockdown so stuff like this is way beyond scope for now.

I will be adding it after release though!

I have ideas for making things as a sort of favourite then having a button to install all favs in a new site, something like that...

What you think?

Aires

I have ideas for making things as a sort of favourite then having a button to install all favs in a new site, something like that...

That would be awesome and would cut down on the time spent installing extensions.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Simon

That would be awesome and would cut down on the time spent installing extensions.

Totally agree :) 

Too late to add it now im afraid, but it will make an appearance after release. Not an idle threat I already have the code stashed ;)

Brian

It would be nice (and efficient) for PL5 users to see a simple list with checkboxes to install one or more sections at once. For anyone designing multiple sites using PL5, we would already be familiar with the framework/sections and really don't need to see large thumbnails. Something similar to WP's installed plugins panel would be sufficient and fast.

PL5-install-sections.thumb.png.4000e7020

Simon

Well my idea goes sort of like this...

On the initial install site, user is logged in and the site is activated..
In the Extend page, there is a sort of checkbox, link or whatever that marks it as an install favourite.

User creates site #2 and activates platform
The favourite install plugins are already there as they are part of your PageLines userdata, so a new link is there in the Extend page to install Favourites
User clicks list and sees the list from Site #1 .. check boxes whatever, selects what to install and hits GO...

Thats how it is in my head what you think?

Aires

I feel like I have alot more control than I did with DMS... DMS loved telling me no you cant do that. 

So far so good and the night is still young.

ndTgvai.jpg

Brian

I do like the idea of having a Favorites option and your method seems clear. Would love to also have an "All Extensions" tab with just a list.

PL5-install-all-sections.thumb.png.88c8c

Andrew

Great feedback guys, we'll get this all into 5.1.0 ...

Probably have a select layout option for you Pros too.. easy to add. 

Hopefully you guys will see why the Platform approach is gonna be so powerful going forward.

Simon

Nice feedback Brian, and thanks for the mockups :) 

Brian

You're welcome Simon. 

Hopefully you guys will see why the Platform approach is gonna be so powerful going forward.

" . . . will see . . . " I think you might (should) mean can see. It's definitely a very strong direction with loads of potential! After a slight transitional learning curve going from DMS2 to PL5, it's very clear how great it will be going forward. Once the ability to create/apply/export/import your own templates (like DMS2) there's no going back.