Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JasonLA

Breaking Templates for WooCommerce Products

JasonLA

Hey guys,

I hope you're having a good week so far. We have a package product and I'm trying to use DMS to create an epic looking product page for it to show all the things that are inside via a bunch of Media Box images. My only issue is that it won't let me break the Default Template so any changes I make to the product will show up on all the others. Is there any possible way to make the break the template or do some type of workaround I could do?

Thanks!

Brandon 

Danny

Hi Brandon,

When you say it won't allow me to break the default template, what do you mean exactly?

Also, are you trying to have different templates on a product by product basis?

Please search our forums, before posting!

JasonLA

Hey Danny,

For each page there's usually a break-link to template button at the top, but on WooCommerce Product pages that isn't an option. 

http://screencast.com/t/uBqNvbm8m0it

What I'd like to do is unlink a particular product page from the template so I can add media box images to that product page without them showing up on the other product pages. I don't want to add any other product templates, just have a one-off product page. 

Danny

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately, this isn't possible and the reason as to why you do not see the unlock/unlink button. You can not have have templates on a post by post basis or product by product basis.

Please search our forums, before posting!