Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simon

New tour video

Simon

Check it out, tell us what you think!

James Giroux

Hey Team,

Good video.  Because I like you all and believe in the product and brand, the comments below are to push the experience to be better.  I also know that there's a high commitment to quality at PageLines and that needs to come through in the video experience as well.

1. The audio has a lot of hiss.  It could be from high gain but you can hear it throughout the video.
  2. Andrew's little corner video should be there at the beginning but should probably fade out when actions are happening
  3. At the end of the video when listing the features, Andrew's PIP covers the list items.
  4. More info is needed when Andrew is explaining the installation process.  This could be: "Once you've installed your theme, head over to pagelines.com, download the plugin and install it to your site."
  5. Umms and uhhhs are there and in a few spots these could be dropped and the video tightened up a bit.  Sometimes it feels like Andrew is stuttering through his words (see an example at 0:45-0:49), most likely trying to avoid umms and uhhs.

If the goal is to have a less polished (less marketing more training), more informal tour video then this will work just fine.  If this is a marketing/presentation/widely advertised video then it needs to be tightened up.  

The content of the video is great.  This is going to help a lot of people grasp the concept of what's going on.  I think it might be worthwhile to try it with a standard theme like 2014/2015 as well.

I also think that the fact the initial plugin is FREE should be mentioned somewhere.

Keep at it, the end (or the beginning) is near!

James Giroux, CEO
Groundwork

Andrew

Less marketing and more training is what im going for.

We'll keep working on it.

Brian

I know that you're trying to cover a good amount in one video. If you can aim to cut the length of the video in half, it'll force you to trim out areas that aren't as strong. Short and sweet, because unfortunately people are impatient.

Andrew

This is a supplement video to the product tour page, i should have clarified. We're working on some marketing videos that are shorter. 

Gonna redo it with cleaned up audio and editing.

JudithKlinger

The videos really do help to get the concept across. Looking forward to seeing how this will grow & develop!

Just for FYI purposes: 

I'm going to watch the whole video because I'm committed ...but... I did tune out all the reasons (amateur v pro etc) why you created it and was impatient for you to get to the meat of the matter. 

What does it do? How much does it cost? How does it work? 

And I do agree with James that the corner video should fade away. It becomes a distraction. 

You've done an amazing amount of work...! Bravi! 

Andrew

Ya we decided to scrap this video, i had a little bit of format confusion when i made it ...