Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilahoff

Periodically losing CSS

sheilahoff

site: http://myideallife.com
DMS: 2.2 running in DMS No Cache Mode
Child Theme: Skeleton
WP: 4.3.1

This site was completed almost a year ago. We've had it hosted at FlyWheel. The client has gotten very upset that it keeps losing its CSS and thereby displaying very poorly. What I found was that if I clear the hosting cache it fixes the issue. They just moved to SiteGround and the same thing happens there. They thought it'd be different there. We are not running any caching plugins or other suspect plugins on the site other then whatever the host has. Must I have them disable caching? It seems like this should not keep happening. I'm at a loss what to do for her.

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

Danny

Hi,

What do you mean by No Cache Mode?

Are you referring to the option via the Developer tools plugin? If that is the case, please enable this setting, as it shouldn't be disabled on product sites, it's for developing only.

When you say you're losing CSS periodically, what do you mean exactly? Do you mean the site loses all styling?

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sheilahoff

Hi Danny, Thanks for responding. Yes, I meant in Dev Mode. I think I did that to try to resolve the issue. Could it have caused it?! I'll go change it now. And yes, I mean it loses ALL styling. Screenshot attached. UGLY!

screenshot.png

Simon

It will lose css with that option enabled!!!

It basically redoes the css on EVERY pageload, so whatever caches the host have are instantly useless and your end user has no css until the host cache catches up!

sheilahoff

YIKES! Good to know! Glad to have an explanation for the issue and a fix too. Thanks both of you!

sheilahoff

I was going to marked this solved but I guess the "new" forum doesn't do that. Thanks again.

Danny

No problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!