Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leftcoastmichael

Cannot update anything

leftcoastmichael

(I Posted this in 'general' before I noticed there is a separate board for DMS.)

This applies to DMS2 and PinsPro themes.  Here is an example. On PinsPro I am trying to remove the "PinsPro" logo and replace it with my own, which is located here: [pl_site_url]/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/DSC8740-Brandon.jpg

When I click the 'refresh' button to preview, the link disappears. When I put the link back in and press "Publish" (which in the past worked, when preview failed), it also disappears.  Same applies to making any kind of adjustment to  menus, etc form the edit section.

http://Qamera.com

This video clip illustrates the issue: https://vimeo.com/139368030

Simon

You need to update your version of pinspro. You still have the original 1.2. 1.2.7 is the latest and contains the javascript fixes for WordPress 4.3 and above.

If you dont have the updater installed/configured you can download the zipfile directly from your members area on pagelines.com

I will remove your duplicate post for you.

leftcoastmichael

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply.  Do you mean this one?  If so, nothing seems to be updating. If not, is there a specific file name for another updater?

Screenshot 2015-09-15 10.38.35.png

Simon

Yes, is it configured properly?

What files do you see at pagelines.com/my-account/ ?

leftcoastmichael

I don't see an option to configure. What would "configure properly" mean, precisely? 

On my account, It looks like I have the same file there, version 1.2.9

Simon

Yea Im not talking about the updater at the my-account page, thats free to download for everyone.

You configure it in your WordPress admin area, if its activated there will be an option where updates usually is that says PageLines Licences. You have to add your email address and the key you were issued with when you purchased PinsPro.

Once the information is submitted you will recieve auto updates.

Alternatively you can download the zip from your members area if you want to update the theme manually.

leftcoastmichael

HI Simon,

Yes I am in the WordPress admin area, per this screen shot and as you can see, it's activated. Can you point me to where the option for updates is?  I don't see anything about licenses here. I'm happy to submit the information but I'm flummoxed as to where to submit it.

Screenshot 2015-09-15 11.37.40.png

Simon

On the left hand side you have dashboard, updates, posts, comments, pages settings etc etc etc... under dashboard should be a licences link.