Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Janardan

Change to make/Customization. Color before and after hover. HEADLINES and more!

Janardan

I want to do some customization:

I see all links inside website with BLUE color <<= want to change it.

Also, after hovered that/any link I want to change after hovered link color too! also, VISITED/viewed link must get another changed color! this is what I want to make.

===========================================================

Headlines! want to change color for following!

All H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6 <<= INSIDE the content/article area not outside the content area.

Also, homepage have posts/recent articles list/link with headline title to post with H2 TAG so, I want to change that color too..

============================================================

Menu - Menu text/font are too much thin or say get some hidden inside the background color of menu bar..

Menu text have WHITE color and MENU bar have BLACK color so, my menu text not show perfectly in/without background in mozilla firefox but google crome it show okay.

Anyway, first get me some ways to fix LINK color and HEADLINES color issue. then I will provide more info on Menu issue.

Simon

Please provide a link to the site and tell us what elements you want the links to be blue so we can be more specific and not just blindly color all links as you will see if you add this css.

a {
 color: blue;
}
a:visited {
 color: red;
}

Janardan

Okay good first we will get issue solved with LINK color text/anchor text before and after hovered effect/color

Kindly please refer to http://thenextweb.com/   CTRL+F  Latest news

Now you see those posts have links to post page and THOSE links have may be ORANGE/RED color that setup of color I want to replace/change for current default DMS 2 my website links.

My website post page I want to resize the post page size as, CONTENT area seems to be thin which I want to make wide and want to keep side bar size as it.

so,.. I want to know how to increase size for CONTENT/ARTICLE area of post page as, its hard for readability not comfortable to view and read article/content to viewers.

=====================================================================

all posts/articles TITLES [H2 tag] have BLACK default color text = I want to change that too from BLACK too ORANGE/SKY BLUE [not sure] just want to change but..

also, I have one major issue now..

On homepage I have FOOTER widget with some text and I want to keep that footer for homepage visible but, its repeated or visible on all posts/articles pages.. for article pages I want to make posts slider box with the help of plugin I have.. but, can I do that?

Janardan

PLEASE IGNORE my messages regarding TEXT/TITLE/LINK after and before hovered customization.. I found it under site settings BASE color change options.. COLOR & BG <<=

I request to just solve my remaining 2 queries.. 1st issue is FOOTER shows on posts/pages and homepage too.. I want to keep homepage footer as it and just want to apply different FOOTER template for posts and pages ..

is there such option available? also, 2nd issue is My content/Text area I need to make it wide because my sidebar is okay with its size just issue with CONTENT/ARTICLE/POST area which I want to increase..

Thanks!

Danny

Hi,

The Fixed, Header and Footer regions are global regions and therefore, you can not have diffeent footers on different pages or posts. The only way to achieve this would be to hide specific sections on certain pages using the hide sections option via DMS Pro Tools.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Janardan

Hi

Thanks Danny! :) I am looking on above 1st query solution to see how that make changes..

Can you please get me help with 2nd issue: is My content/Text area I need to make it wide because my sidebar is okay with its size just issue with CONTENT/ARTICLE/POST area which I want to increase..

Danny

We are going to need a link to the site in question so we can see what you're referring to.

Janardan

Hi,

The Fixed, Header and Footer regions are global regions and therefore, you can not have diffeent footers on different pages or posts. The only way to achieve this would be to hide specific sections on certain pages using the hide sections option via DMS Pro Tools.

I want to know - How to hide footer just for pages/posts/articles and show on only homepage footer - for homepage I dont want to hide footer.

Thanks!

Danny

Then you're going to have to add all page ids to your Footer hide options. Unfortunately, there is no only show option.

• Similar Content

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      My apologies for double posting this question...I accidentally posted it in the wrong forum and couldn't figure out how to delete or move it.
      Ciao. Anyone know why the specified link color in Site Settings > Color & BG wouldn't be working? 
      Here's an example: http://www.w-edigest.org/go-fish/
      A few paragraphs down, these words are a link: Sicilian and Sardinian tradition of mattanza, 
      I've tried disabling plugins and checking that because the link color used to be working, but that didn't do the trick. And I've looked at the Google developer tools, and I see the link color and it looks ok,  but something must be over riding it. 
      Thanks! 
      Judith

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      My apologies for double posting this question...I accidentally posted it in the wrong forum and couldn't figure out how to delete or move it.
      Ciao. Anyone know why the specified link color in Site Settings > Color & BG wouldn't be working? 
      A few paragraphs down, these words are a link: Sicilian and Sardinian tradition of mattanza, 
      I've tried disabling plugins and checking that because the link color used to be working, but that didn't do the trick. And I've looked at the Google developer tools, and I see the link color and it looks ok,  but something must be over riding it. 
      Thanks! 
      Judith

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I've tried disabling plugins and checking that because the link color used to be working, but that didn't do the trick. And I've looked at the Google developer tools, and I see the link color and it looks ok, but it's not working. 
      Thanks! 
      Judith
    • studyworldglobal
      By studyworldglobal
      Is there a simple way to change link colors in DMS, as we had in old version using simple-css
    • massmosaic
      By massmosaic
      Hi there,

I'm new to Pagelines but fairly familiar w/ wordpress. I've installed pagelines v 1.1.3 on my test site at www.rad.mosaicearth.com. 

I've now installed the Headlines child theme and activated it. Then I went to the front end and made sure this theme was activated and confirmed it is by clicking on the Themes button in the DMS.

The confusing thing to me is the header on my site still shows the thin header of the default pagelines theme... so it appears the Headlines child theme isn't active. However, when scrolling down to the footer, that is now dark and looks like the Headlines theme... it's strange, like 1/2 of the child theme loaded.

Any ideas?? Can someone please help me understand? www.rad.mosaicearth.com.

Thanks,