Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sruehle

No Canvas section

sruehle

Hi together,

I am experiencing a strange problem, and have not yet found a solution.

I have a site running the voyant theme, that features a "canvas" section.

May main site runs plain DMS2 and I also want to utilize the "canvas" section, however, there is none! Instead there is only the old-fashioned "section" section.

No my question: Shouldn't the plain DMS2 also have a "canvas" section as well? This is not a unique feature for the voyant theme, is it?

The basic site is quite old and has run through quite a lot upgrades of pagelines 1.0 to now 2.2. Just in case that this info helps with the explanation.

And just in case, if there is no "canvas" section in the plain DMS2 theme, how would i get this functionality of a "canvas" section in the plain DMS2 section?

Thanks,

Stefan

Simon

Canvas is part of DMS2 yes, it should be located under 'Full Width'

Screen_Shot_2015-09-11_at_16.16.58.thumb

sruehle

Oh. I don't have that.

I am missing this section, and it seems some others as well (home Slider, Navbar(full), PinRevSlider) (see attachment)

What would be the solution? Reload sections did not do the trick.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-09-11 um 18.35.24.png

Simon

Thats odd. The section is one of the core sections 'pl_area' should be in wp-content/themes/dms/dms/sections/pl_area/

Can you provide a link to the site so I can see what version you are using please.

sruehle

Maybe this helps as well. The content of /dms and the content of /dms/dms.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-09-12 um 10.52.27.png

Bildschirmfoto 2015-09-12 um 10.52.44.png

Danny

Can you take a screenshot of your sections folder as Simon mentioned in his response above. Also, have you edited the core files? As when viewing your page source we are unable to see the version of DMS being used.

When I go here, I only receive as white screen - http://www.talentschmiede.com/wp-content/themes/dms/style.css

Please search our forums, before posting!