Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Myntillae

Video slider setting making site not load

Myntillae

I added the video slider plugin to a site and I changed the settings so that it would start two seconds into the video, but now the DMS editor won't load, and when I'm logged out not all of the elements on the page are loading. Just wondering where in FTP or the database settings that I can fix that so it will load correctly. 

http://alanmmasters.com/

Also, I've noticed in general with the video slider that it delays in loading. Is there a way to get it to not pause before it starts playing in the background? It just looks like it's empty when it delays in loading, but it seems like the plugin is built that way or something. 

Simon

It would appear you didnt read the instructions properly for the slider section.

Video Start at

If you only want to play a short part of the video, you can set the exact second where the video should start playing.

Please use a numeric value, if you want that the video start at 1:30 you should use 90.

If you view the page source for the JS error you will see this: startAt:0:02,

you must have put 0:02 into the settings instead of 2 or 02

If you install the pro tools plugin, there is an option to add the edit sections data tool.

This allows you to go in and edit the section settings, alternatively you will have to edit the database directly. 

Myntillae

Thank you! So just to clarify, I enable that setting but then I still have to go into the database to edit it? Or after I enable it I can edit it through Wordpress? 

Simon

if you enable the section editor tool, a new menu will appear inder tools in wp-admin, you can then find the section via its ID and edit the settings directly

Myntillae

Okay, thank you! I now see it, however I'm not seeing any sections showing up in that area. Is there something else I'm supposed to do to get those to show up? I apologize since I'm new to some of these Pro features. 

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 1.38.02 PM.png

Simon

Hang on, pro tools needs an update for latest WP.... forgot they change the whole list table syntax :/ 2 mins and i'll upload it here

Myntillae

Great! That worked. Love this feature!

One other quick question in regards to the video slider plugin. Is there anyway to get the video to load faster? There's a pause when the site first loads and it takes a second or two for the video to display. It looks weird with the background being blank when the site loads. If I should put this in a separate thread, please let me know. Thanks as always for your help!

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 2.02.04 PM.png

Simon

grab an image of the 1st frame of the video, add that as a background to the video element ;)

Myntillae

Thanks! Didn't work correctly before for me for some reason but now it's working great.