Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JudithKlinger

DMS Editor Not Loading

JudithKlinger

Ciao. I can't get into the DMS editor for this site: http://www.w-edigest.org

I'm just getting Oops...there seems to be an issue loading message for whatever page I try to access.

I went into the Developer view on Google Chrome and it looks like there is a jquery issue. But I don't really understand what that means or how to fix it. 

Thanks! 

Simon

I dont think James has updated Bespoke theme yet for WP 4.3

You can copy the file attached to this post into themes/jg/bespoke/dms/editor/js/ folder it will fix it pl.optpanel.js

pl.optpanel.js

JudithKlinger

Ciao. I replaced the pl.optpanel.js, but it didn't do the trick. Not sure why. Can you move this post to Jame's section or is there another way to solve this problem. Cannot  access the DMS editor at all. 

Thanks. 

JudithKlinger

Or...instead of replacing the file...should I have added to the existing file? 

Simon

should have replaced it

Simon

Try redownloading the zip from your members area.

JudithKlinger

Thank you Simon..but I tried again with same results. no change. Still can't access the DSM editor. 

I'm not getting a zip file, I'm getting a js file...when you say try redownloading the zip, which zip file are you talking about? The fix-dms plugin has already been activated. 

Simon

uninstall fix dms whatever...

the zipfile in your PageLines member area, you should have a bespoke download there

JudithKlinger

Ciao Simon. Yes, of course I have the original Bespoke theme. 

I'm so sorry, but I'm not following the instructions.

First I replaced the a file in the editor>JS folder as you suggested. Now, are you suggesting I uninstall & reinstall the theme? Just to understand, 

why would that help? If the problem is that Bespoke has not been upgraded to the present Wordpress version? Also seems a bit odd as it worked fine up until late on Tuesday...

Thank you!!!

Simon

Late on tuesday must have been when WordPress was updated.

The zipfile in your my-account area has the latest version with the fix, I have checked.

No need to uninstall/reinstall. Just download the zip, extract it an upload the contents into the folder you already have wp-content/themes/jg-bespoke 

JudithKlinger

Arrrgh..... I did exactly as you said and it's still not working. I'm sure I'm doing something stupid & simple ...but what?? 

Oy...thank you for your help!

Simon

Your site is still using the old version of bespoke, 1.0.1

The zip in your account area should be 1.0.2

Where did you upload the files?

JudithKlinger

Ciao. I went into wp-content> themes/jg/bespoke/dms/editor/js/ folder

and replaced the file. But..I'm going to do a full backup and then use the Bespoke WP update that just showed up. I'll report back later. Thanks for the reply. 

JudithKlinger

oh ...woe is me...no, that didn't fix the problem. Still cannot get into the editor and by now, I really need to....

JudithKlinger

Help! I've now crashed the entire site and can't even get into the backend of WP. good lord what a day. I tried to do a rollback with Backup Buddy and the whole site came down. 

I'm getting this error: 
Fatal error: Call to undefined function pl_add_options_page() in /home/worlde15/public_html/w-edigest.org/wp-content/plugins/dm-floating-icons/dm-floating-icons.php on line 318

I'd happily deactivate that plugin but I can't get in. 

Simon

delete its folder in wp-content/plugins/

JudithKlinger

Good thinking. I went into panic mode. 

JudithKlinger

Well. After getting rid of the plugin, I now have the evil WSOD. Have my site host looking into this before I do anything because the server has been acting strange. Will update later. Thanks for the support Simon. 

JudithKlinger

I was able to roll back to a backup, but I'm still not able to access the DMS editor. I've tried and tried with the suggested file, but no luck. Any other ideas? Thank you. 

JudithKlinger

Clearly, I've done something very wrong and I'm trying to figure out what is happening that I cannot access the DMS editor. 

I've set up a test site to replicate the original site, with a child theme (something I stupidly did not do with www.w-edigest.org). My question is: if I cannot access the editor, is there a work around to export the the DMS Config json file?

Simon

@JudithKlinger you dont need to overwrite one single file. You need to upgrade the bespoke theme, either let itself update or upload the new version that you downloaded from your members area.

If you want me to update the theme for you then PM me a login to the site and some FTP credentials.

JudithKlinger

Just Pm'd you...grazie! 

Simon

None of the usernames/passwords worked im afraid.

Simon

OK finally got a working login.. went to updates, clicked update. Themes updated and everything works.

JudithKlinger

Would this have caused my full backup to disappear? The site is completely broken and needs to be rolled back. I'll deal with the rest later but I have to get the site back up and running and my backup from Thursday is now gone. 

Appreciate your efforts, but I'm in a bit of trouble now .... 

• Similar Content

• morrisjohnc
      By morrisjohnc
      The feature slider section in Bespoke is not working.
      I can add/publish it to a page, but I cannot save any changes. Images never transition from the default after save. When making changes to the section, DMS doesn't show that any unsaved changes have been made. So, unless you want the default images to scroll, it's useless. Can you assist me in creating a fix for this?

--John
    • JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I want to remove the 'this post was last edited by xxxxx at xxxxx date/time. 
      In going thru the Codex, this appears to be a theme setting? Is that correct? How do I remove it? 
      Thank you,
      Judith
    • JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      Ciao. 
      I'm trying to use "Feature Post" but it's stripping out all the formatting so it's a solid block of text. What am I doing wrong? 
      Thanks! 
    • JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      Does this theme have preset margins? I can't seem to alter them and would like full width. 
    • JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      Experiencing some strange behavior when I open up the WP dashboard to edit site that is in development. 
      For me & other user: no icons are loading on the DMS side. Yesterday after a few refreshes the icons came back (see screenshot). Anyone else having trouble? Also experiencing DMS editor hanging and not loading. 
      Chrome 43.0.2357.134 (64-bit)
      Mac OSX 10.10.4