Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Audun MB

Update to latest version, site no longer translated

Audun MB

I updated to the lates version of DMS2 (from 2.1.9.8 to 2.1.9.9), and suddenly my site is yet again in English? 

Simon

Where did you put the translation files?

Audun MB

Good question. I put them in wp-content/themes/dms/language.

Seems like the update removed them, which answers my question, but poses a new one. How do I keep my language file for the next update?

• Similar Content

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      What's the best way to have multilingual in pl5, any plugin that stands out from the rest and is logical for the pl5-workflow?
    • Audun MB
      By Audun MB+
      Are there any instructions for this? Seems like the plugin use standard .mo/.po for translation, but how do I prevent my language file from being overwritten with updates?
      Support for different number and currency formats in sections is also missing. For me this is an issue with Boxes. I can't use the counter with the current format (thousands separator), it looks really odd in Norwegian (and a lot of other languages). 

• achim
      By achim
      There is no language key 'Read More <i class="icon icon-angle-right"></i>‘, so this wouldn’t translate:
      dms/sections/postloop/section.php#282
      - __('Read More <i class="icon icon-angle-right"></i>', 'pagelines') + __('Read More', 'pagelines').' <i class="icon icon-angle-right"></i>'
    • vogelwild
      By vogelwild
      Hi all  
      I'd love to get a recommendation regarding DMS 2 and a multilingual language website that I'm going to build.
      How would you setup such a WordPress website with Pagelines DMS? What are your experiences with plugins and DMS 2?  Last time it was a bit complicated. I used WPML, but of course had problems with translating e.g. content which was stored in DMS sections. So I tried to work with widgets which was great for WPML but "not so" for the look and feel  Any hints or tricks?
      Thank you!!
      P.
    • ketri
      By ketri
      Hi,

I'd like to translate my DMS-theme. 
      When I use PoEdit and take the finnish translation from DMS Transifex -project and add it to the language-folder of my child-theme, the translations won't work. Only when I delete the language-folder from the DMS-parent theme the translations from my child-theme start working. 
      I don't want to edit the DMS-theme of course in any way since updates will destroy any edits.

So I'd need a function to my functions.php that would make WordPress use the translation file in my child-theme.

Thanks