Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KimAnn03

still having editor issues after 2.1.9.9 update

KimAnn03

Hello-

I was having trouble using the wordpress editor- getting a white screen when updating posts, and therefore edits were not saving. so I read all the threads and saw that I needed to upgrade to DMS 2.1.9.9. I did this, but i am still having the same issue.

Restarted my browser.

Deactivated plugins.

Still happening- white screen upon updating posts. It goes to this URL when I hit update: http://www.thecosmicpath.com/wp-admin/post.php

instead of this page: http://www.thecosmicpath.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=50784&action=edit

Site: http://www.thecosmicpath.com

wp 4.3

DMS 2.1.9.9

Please advise and thanks-

Kim, webmaster for thecosmicpath.com

***Wanted to add an update to this. I have a development site with all the same credentials. And the issue is not occuring on the dev site. Could this be a cache thing? I cleared broser caches and restarted but that didn't work.....

Danny

Hi Kim,

When you get a white screen or white screen of death (WSOD), it usually indicates a PHP error has occurred. Therefore, please set the WP_DEBUG function in your wp-config.php file from false to true. Then visit your white screen again and refresh, this time the PHP error should be printed on screen. If so, please reply here and copy & paste the error into your reply.

Please search our forums, before posting!

KimAnn03

so just change the word from false to true and hit save in wp-config? I always am hesitant and want to be meticulous when editing php (having been burned from the fatal error of death in the past FEOD :geek:)

Simon

so just change the word from false to true and hit save in wp-config? I always am hesitant and want to be meticulous when editing php (having been burned from the fatal error of death in the past FEOD :geek:)

yes, change to true

KimAnn03

I got this:

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
__construct()
instead. in /home/thecosn5/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3457

I tried to look in that functions.php file but there is no line 3457.

Simon

'WP_Widget' is not used in DMS, you maybe using a plugin that is using PHP4 code.

KimAnn03

Yea- sorry for the post. In the end it seems it was a server issue. All is well.

KimAnn03

So the problem reemerged, and it seemed to reemerge during high traffic during our Mondays which peak in terms of visitors.

Also my scheduled posts are not posting during this time.

Any further information would be appreciated. I saw the 2.2 update, is there anything to address this circumstance in that upgrade?

Danny

If you received the same error, then you will need to disable all active plugins. As Simon mentioned in his previous post, DMS doesn't use that function and therefore, is caused by third party plugin.

Please search our forums, before posting!

KimAnn03

I deactivated all plugins and still, upon updating a post, receive the WSOD. The server is telling me all is well on their end, so it leads me to a theme conflict.

Maybe it is not to do with WP_Debug, but some other conflict emerging.

I updated to DMS 2.2 and still have the issue.

Could someone please look into this for me. I'd be happy to share login credentials privately.

Also here is a video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JmualTGlEY

I have some plugins activated while I wait for support, but can deactivate them again as soon as you need.

KimAnn03

Also on chrome and safari I keep getting a deprecated version of the site. See images below. the first image is how the homepage should look. The second image is what keeps happening:

Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-8.16.37-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-8.14.59-AM.png

Simon

It could be an issue with your cache not clearing when you click save in a post or in the editor.

I have never heard of 'zen-cache' so I cant really provide any useful comments, on the plugin page it does not say its WP 4.3 compatible though.

• Similar Content

• Tom
      By Tom
      Hi, I desperatly need some help fixing the DMS editor. It's not loading at all en gets stuck at 'Oops there may be an issue loading.'
      I'm able to find this two warnings in chrome:

www.studiekeuzemaken.nl/:4607 Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token
      pl.editor.js:740 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'lang' of undefined
          at Object.reloadConfig (pl.editor.js:740)
          at Object.startUp (pl.editor.js:72)
          at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (pl.editor.js:10)
          at i (jquery.js:2)
          at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js:2)
          at Function.ready (jquery.js:2)
          at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js:2)

When I dug into the first warning a little deeper (line 4607)I found out that there is a typo in a css that's causing the SyntaxError. Because the css is placed within a textbox and the editor is not loading I'm not able to fix this.

What can I do?

Please help!

- Tom

• werdnags
      By werdnags+
      Hi Folk,
      Can anyone help me please.  On a page on my site I placed an 'embed section' and inserted code from the Eviivo Booking system that seems to call scripts from their site.  After doing the PL5 editors will not load so I can't edit anything.  Is there anyway of disabling the section so I don;t have to rebuild the page?
      Thanks.
    • chamois_blanc
      By chamois_blanc+
      Please see screenshot. I think it should be self-explanatory.

• Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• Peter Esslemont
      By Peter Esslemont+
      Hi,
      When using the editor I am getting duplicate wordpress toolbars and an a nice error to go with it...
      I have them stack 4 high at one point.  Goes away with a refresh then re-appears.
      very odd.