Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nadielp

setting opacity for the background on Flyp

nadielp

Hi Cliff,

I love Flyp. Thanks for creating it.

I am curious if there would be a way to set opacity for the background on Flyp. It would be of use to me on a site I am working on.

Thanks,

Daniel

TourKick (Clifford P)

Hi Daniel. Thanks so much for your purchase and the kind words. Feel free to leave a review on the PageLines store. :-) Would you be able to send me a link to the site you want the background change for? Thanks a lot.

nadielp

Hi the site is http://hithere.ink/ the Flyp component on the top left if the one that I want an slightly transparent background on. It is the back side of the tile...I want the text to stand out a bit bit I want the background to come thru a bit as well...hence the need for transparency.

Thanks!

TourKick (Clifford P)

Thanks for the info. I'm still not 100% certain which part of the top left Flyp card you're wanting transparent, since most of the background (except the text) is transparent.

Are you wanting the text partially transparent?

And/Or the Jennifer Wolfe image?

If it's both of those 2 things, you could try this CSS:

#flypupsz4pa .flyp_back > span > span { opacity: 0.2; }

Let me know...

nadielp

Hi Cliff,

That wasn't exactly what I had in mind...so I changed the back of the panel for the upper left image to have a light grey background as well as the text and photo...I would like to set opacity for the light grey (or any color for that matter) background so a bit of the page background can be seen but not at 100% transparency. Does that make sense?

Thanks!

nadielp

Hi Cliff,

Just checking in on this...

Thanks!

TourKick (Clifford P)

Hi. Sorry for the delayed response. Sometimes I get these forum update emails and sometimes I don't. I never had this issue until they upgraded their version of the forum software... oh well... sorry again.

Ok, so you currently have background-color: #fbfbfb;

FYI: rgb(251, 251, 251) is the equivalent of #fbfbfb

rgba(...) --> the last number is "alpha" (i.e. transparency). Change that as desired. 0.0 is full transparency, and 1.0 is full opacity, which is the same as using rgb() instead of rgba().

You should add this code:

#flypupsz4pa .flyp_back { background-color: rgba(251, 251, 251, 0.7); }

In older browsers that do not support rgba(), they'll just see your #fbfbfb background (no transparency), which is what we'd call a graceful fallback so you should be good to go.

Let me know how this works for you.

nadielp

Hi, no worries I have been experiencing the same issue with thread updates since the change in platform.

Thanks I have it working! In order for it to work all the background settings needed to be cleared. 

Once again thanks for your help and thanks for a great plugin...I will get a review for the plugin as well...

Best,

Daniel

TourKick (Clifford P)

Please add the code I provided to your site, refresh/regenerate your PageLines LESS CSS, clear all site caches, and then let me know and I'll take a look at your site with this code added.

nadielp

Ok the code is added and I flushed the cache although I have it in DMS no cache mode anyway. Thanks!

TourKick (Clifford P)

It's there. Maybe clear your browser's cache if you're not seeing it.

Screenshot 2015-09-11 18.38.42.png

nadielp

Yes...I got it working. I had edited my reply once i got it working. I believe you must have received the pre-edited reply before I got it working...the problem was due to the settings I had in Flyp itself with regard to the background...once I cleared those it worked. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your help.

TourKick (Clifford P)

Gotcha. Glad you got it working. I did notice you had the background-color: #fbfbfb removed. That might be what you're referring to -- that it came from Flyp section settings.

You should add that back in and change the code to add #site, like this:

#site #flypupsz4pa .flyp_back { background-color: rgba(251, 251, 251, 0.7); }

That should display correctly for you and still have the solid background color for browsers that don't support rgba.

Feel free to leave a good review at http://www.pagelines.com/shop/third-party-extensions/flyp/

tyvm!

• Similar Content

• jaithai
      By jaithai+
      Unable to attach an image that's already been uploaded.
      When attempting to upload one from scratch, it gives me the error seen in the screenshot. As you can see by the Chrome Inspector, I receive a 400 error.

• stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      Ik like to use the following Plug-in in my DMS Theme, but can' get it to work. My DMS Editor is not loading anymore if I paste this short code in a page, textbox or mediabox: [wpdatatable id=1]
      Plug-in: WPDataTables Plug-in 
      Shortcode:  [wpdatatable id=1]

Anyone experience with this plug-in and DMS.
    • foxwatson
      By foxwatson+
      I recently downloaded the latest DMS2 update. Since the download, I lost front end ability to update. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  
    • Justin Taylor
      By Justin Taylor
      I originally purchased, I believe, a 3 site licence for DMS2. The new account interface does not reveal any of this information.
      How do I know how many licences I am entitled to? How do I reset one for a new website? All it says now is that I don't have any Pro licences?
    • HenryMote
      By HenryMote
      Hi guys,

I have DMS and the maps isnt working. Here's the link to the site where you can see the error .http://plumb-now.co.uk/

Thanks for your help!