Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wendygordon

Page Header: Change the word Blog

wendygordon

Hi Folks.

I am hoping there is a quick fix for this:  

Using Page Header - the default Header Text for my Posts Page says BLOG.  (I have Settings with a Static Front Page set to Home, and Posts Page set to Casting).  The permalink for the posts page is mysite/casting and i want the Text Header to say Casting instead of Blog.   All of the other pages on which I am using Page Header use the page name. How can I change this, without unsetting the Posts Page? (if i dont select a posts Page in Settings/Reading, then the name of the page called casting shows correctly in the Header Text).

Thanks as always.

Danny

Hi,

The Page Header using the Page title? Doesn't it allow to enter your own title? Therefore, if you wish to use a different name, what I would suggest is simply using either the TextBox or MediaBox section.

Please search our forums, before posting!

wendygordon

Hey Danny!

the fact that it uses the page title is EXACTLY why i need it.  I dont want to use a text box or a media box.  It works perfectly for all the pages and posts I am using it on.  But it seems that Blog is a special case - and I want to simply change the word Blog to Castings.  It can be hard wired - But i dont have any clue where to start to find where that code would be.  I assume it is something that is fairly easy to override for this.  Does anyone have an answer other than use another component? Please?

Danny

Wendy, you can enter any title you like into the Page Header section? I mentioned this in my post above, but also mentioned using a TextBox or MediaBox section.

There, as you can enter any title you like into the PageHeader section, I am not sure what you issue is. So would it be possible to provide a screenshot please. As I have posted a screenshot below to a page I created called Castings, which is set as the Post Page via the Reading Settings and simply wrote Casting in the header option on the Casting page using PageHeader.

https://cloudup.com/cWxiWZCtTrY

Please search our forums, before posting!