Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chikquita6

Publishing but Updates Lag

chikquita6

Hi,  I've been working on updating my homepage of my website and the last few times I've done edits the time it takes when I publish to when the edits actually appear online (seems to be over 24 hours or more).  Can anyone explain to me why this may be and what I can do to fix it?  When I first started using DMS the changes were published immediately and I could open another browser and check the updates instantly.  I'm currently using HostGator for my hosting service if that makes any difference.

(you'll see it looks incomplete)

Danny

Hi,

From the way you describe your issue, it sounds like your host has some weird cache configuration, especially as you do not appear to have any cache plugin active. I recommend you contact them and ask them to investigate or get them to tell you how they have setup cache on their server.

Please search our forums, before posting!

chikquita6

Hi it turns out I had the header section turned off.  I noticed when I made changes to the fixed nav bar those links changed but nothing below.  When I turned the header section back on my changed published again.  Maybe there was a plugin interference.  Anyway thanks for your response.

Danny

No problem and thank you for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!