Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Audun MB

Make powerloop look like normal loop (styling)

Audun MB

Powerloop is powerful, but by default it's ugly. In the normal loop author, categories, date, etc are styled by default, which means it looks nice. How can I make powerloop look like that by default? 

I noticed that I can add class(es?) to the different powerloop parameters, but adding them in every section is cumbersome, as is making classes that tries to mimic styling already provided by Pagelines somehow. 

batman

Hi

Please, you can take a look to this

Perhaps this is a beginning
:)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Audun MB

Thanks batman, but that's just the basics. 

What I want is to use have the pagelines styling (classes) for the various elements (author, title, date, etc) in the Powerloop. Preferably by default, not by adding classes each time I add an element in the powerloop.

Adding [powerloop_title class="my-custom-class"] for each instance of Powerloop is cumbersome. That option is great for customization, but not for default styling.

Danny

The default styling is almost identical to the WP-Content/PostLoop section, so I am not sure what your issue is. However, if you do not like the default styling of PowerLoop, then I suggest using the custom class option in the shortcode. This way you can make it look how you like.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Audun MB

No, the default styling is not identical...:6191688023277568.png?k=RHDQvMHCOLiq2J8_t

Normal loop on the left, powerloop on the right. Titles look the same, date doesn't. 

Danny

I did state almost identical. The only difference is that the date in PowerLoop isn't linked.

Audun MB

I did state almost identical. The only difference is that the date in PowerLoop isn't linked.

Linked? No links on the date either place. Inspecting the html there's layers of classes added to date in the normal loop, in powerloop there's only one. Also the date in Powerloop has the wrong format. 

If I show Author in the normal loop, it has a lot of styling, none in the PowerLoop. Like this:

4870229531295744.png?k=Gdwlp_hBtq6IaNw0Y

So titles are the same, but no other fields. Different size, different color. 

So back to my question: Is there a way to make them look the same? I guess I could use LESS to make the classes "power-author" and "power-date" use values provided by the Pagelines LESS for instance. Right now they seem to be empty classes?

Danny

PowerLoop has been designed to be a separate section to the PostLoop section and includes the ability to add custom classes to all shortcodes. Therefore, if you want a particular style, you're going to need to do this yourself.