Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Myntillae

Images not loading in RevSlider on pages translated with WPML

Myntillae

I'm using WPML to translate my site, and I fixed all the other images in backgrounds, logo, and media sections by changing the links to be the full URL. However, when I do it on the RevSlider I can see that the thumbnails generate in the DMS editor, but in the slider itself it just keeps infinitely loading and doesn't display. Is there something else I should do to fix this issue?

http://www.enerlogix-solutions.com/?lang=es

http://www.enerlogix-solutions.com/

Danny

On your lang=es page, you have a JS error from PostPins plugin which is likely the cause of the issue. As you do not have this error on your other page. However, where is the posts pins on the lang=es page?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Myntillae

I had post pins on the bottom where it says "Latest News". I removed Post Pins from the bottom of that page, but the images in the RevSlider still aren't loading. It does seem to remove errors in the console, but doesn't resolve the slider issue. Any ideas?

Danny

okay, I can see the issue. As far as I can tell, the images are not loading because your translation plugin is adding /lang=es to all your images. You're going to need to contact the plugins support and ask them why this is happening.

Myntillae

Thanks! I will touch base with them. 

Danny

No problem.

Myntillae

Okay, I've been chatting with WPML support and we've tried a few different parameter settings and something seems to be incompatible with the plugin and they told me to touch base with you guys if you had any idea what I should do in regards to the parameters to get it to work with the RevSlider since you guys are the developers for the theme. It's just really odd to me because you can see the thumbnail upload just fine and the links load just fine if I add the language parameter, but it doesn't display outside of the DMS editor. I've tried a variety of parameters so I'm a little lost as to why it works in the other sections and not in the RevSlider. 

Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 2.36.37 PM.png

Simon

Have you tried using the default /en/ /es/ setting? What happens to the urls then?

Myntillae

Yes, I have tried with both. When I use that parameter though it doesn't even display in the DMS editor anymore. I've attached screenshots, but perhaps I'm doing the URL incorrectly? I've duplicated all the media in WPML, but it still doesn't seem to assign anything to a language as far as I can tell. 

Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 9.56.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 9.57.21 AM.png

Simon
Myntillae

I originally had the links set up like that last one you had, and they show up now in DMS editor, but don't in the slider itself, just like the problem I originally had. In all other sections this issue was resolved but replacing the shortcode for the domain with the full domain itself. 

Perhaps the issue is because it won't allow me to set the language information for the already-existing media that was uploaded before I installed WPML? Doesn't seem to make sense though why the other sections still work with the original images, when the RevSlider won't. 

Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 10.32.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 10.38.27 AM.png

Simon

Id be inclined to add a rewrite rule to htaccess to jst rewrite the image to the non translated image, but of course then you wqouldnt be able to have 2 different images on different language pages

Myntillae

Okay, I'll look into that. For this site, that probably wouldn't be an issue. I'm also checking with WPML again to let them know of your response to see if they have any additional information.