Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swoda

Google Tag Manager (GTM) and Pagelines DMS

swoda

Hello. I am having a heck of a time implementing Google Tag Manager correctly with my Pagelines DMS theme.

Can you please provide me with specific guidance?

I am not a developer (that is why we chose DMS... Ease of use), and so I need specific instructions that a non-developer can follow.

Thanks in advance for your help!

guha_b

Try using DuracellTomi's plugin for Google Tag Manager. I use it and it works fine.

swoda

Thanks. Do you have to use the custom setting, and modify the child theme?

guha_b

You could use the standard implementation which inserts it into the footer which isn't recommended by Google but works fine. This will work if you are using DMS without a child theme. Unless you know what you are doing, I wouldn't recommend modifying the functions.php file of DMS.

If you do have a child theme, it's wisest to include the snippet of code in functions.php. 

• Similar Content

• stephen2
      By stephen2+
      Hello, I am trying to use Google Tag Manager to track the likes from our company website. However, since we are using the Socialbar plugin from PageLines we are running into an issue not being able to see the element ID or the elementUrl. Is there a way to update the Socialbar pluggin to allow these elements to be seen? 

{   gtm.element: [object HTMLElement],   gtm.elementClasses: 'icon icon-facebook',   gtm.elementId: '',   gtm.elementTarget: '',   event: 'gtm.click',   gtm.elementUrl: '' }     For example when clicking on a phone number I can track the phones calls by using the following   {   gtm.element: tel:866,   gtm.elementClasses: '',   gtm.elementId: '',   gtm.elementTarget: '',   event: 'gtm.click',   gtm.elementUrl: 'tel:866' }   Here is a link on setting up the tracking function: http://www.simoahava.com/analytics/google-tag-manager-track-social-interactions/  
      Here is the website link to the blog I am trying to track the shares: https://www.morningsiderecovery.com/blog/big-bear-mountain-adventure/

I look forward to hearing from you
    • dreamsight
      By dreamsight
      I need to add Google's code after the body tag...
      "Copy the code below and paste it onto every page of your website. Place it immediately after the opening <body> tag. For more information about installing the Google Tag Manager snippet, visit our developer documents."

I was hoping to use a hook, but there's no an option for it. Where do I add this?
      Thanks in advance