Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mostyn

News Views unloadable

mostyn

News view was working well.  I assigned a new user (give Author status) who entered a single blog and now, the page will not load.  Without being about to get into News View to check its configuration, I deleted the page to reconstruct it as before.  Same results.  I deleted the blow - same results.  Deactivating the News View plug-in has no effect.  Thinking News View was somehow damaged, I thought to delete the plug-in & reload it but can find no way to download it.  What do you recommend?

Gavin_

Hello, 

Thanks for purchasing News Views. 
I am not completely clear on the problem. It seems the problem occurred after you added a new author. What made you think News Views was the probem and what steps can we take in order to recreate this problem locally, so we can test and provide a fix (if required)?

regards, Gavin

mostyn

The "News" page upon which News View sits is the only page on the site that the DMS Editor cannot load.  It contains nothing else other than the parent template of header and footer.  The notion is if header and footer works on every page but NEWS and NEWS VIEW is the only remaining element on that page AND is nowhere else - my diagnosis is simply one of elimination.

I don't believe in coincidence.  I have no idea why adding AUTHOR could possibly have anything to do with NEWS VIEW however it and the fresh blog he wrote were the only changes from when NEWS works and when it didn’t.  I have deleted his blog 

and can now load it with DMS Editor.  Again, not say this is cause and effect however now I can now see under the hood.  No abnormal settings but I hate mysteries.  I have no time for fragile but now, am afraid to have AUTHOR on the site ever again.  Is there anything I should look for?

Gavin_

Hi, 
For us to be able to help with the diagnosis and solution we will need: 

• Link to the site
  • Admin access (please PM a temporary admin access) 

Thanks

Gavin_

Hello, 

We have not heard from you. 
Do you still need help with the issue?