Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dirk@beeldpunt.nl

migrating DMS2 to other URL

dirk@beeldpunt.nl

Hi,

I've build a wordpress-site with DMS2. (krachtvanbeleving.beeldpunt.nl) The site has to be migrated to an other URL (krachtvanbeleving.nl). Doing a standard wordpress migration doesn't work. I've had technical people look at it and they tell me that it's a problem with hardcoded url's, They also tell me that Wordpresscore-files are changed. Does this mean I can't move the site?

They also tell me that there might be a problem upgrading to a new Wordpress version. 

Hope someone can help me out here. I'm not very technical and liked building the site in DMS2 but now I'm desperate.

Dirk Annegarn

Danny

Hi,

How are you migrating to the new domain? Can you provide the exact steps you take please. DMS doesn't have any hardcoded URLs.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• DanatTLFN
      By DanatTLFN
      Site URL: http://thelocalfilmnetwork.com
      Host: GoDaddy
      Hi Pagelines team and community,

I am going to be attempting to do a full migration from GoDaddy to WPEngine. 
      I need to know, will I lose the front-end customisations I have made?
      Also are there any backups or things I need to do to ensure that I do not lose any important info relating to the site?
      Kind regards,
      Dan

• Bleuy
      By Bleuy+
      Hi All
      I have just migrated my theme from a perfectly functioning local version to my server and it looks corrupted.  I have followed the standard migration (Replace WP Content, Upload Database, Search & Replace URLs)
      Things I have tried to rectify the problem:-
      Changed Permalinks, deleted .htaccess file Deactivated Plugins Removed all custom CSS But It all still seems to have the same problem the url for the website is as follows: www.blueanchor-reigate.co.uk
    • jinfinite8
      By jinfinite8+
      Hi, I'm a long time PageLines and DMS user. Trying out Platform 5 now.
      Does Platform 5 store data like DMS 2 as serialized data, or does it store data in a regular WordPress mysql table?
      Thanks very much.
      ~ julian
    • timtimhungerfordcom
      By timtimhungerfordcom+
      I need some help with a WP Engine Migration tool.  I manage http://xtremio.com/ with WP Engine and use there auto migration from a STAGING to LIVE and Migrating all Tables in the database.  For the last few months the site has been migrating perfectly.  But starting last week the site started dropping a single page.  Here are the notes please let me know if you have any ideas on why this is happening.  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kuyDXqqymiNoyToO8yDutXn3Mkx-hoBOBjffimjfYvo/edit?usp=sharing
    • Greg Ihnen
      By Greg Ihnen
      Our web host (WordPressEngine.com) recently had to move our site to a new server. After the move, we were getting error messages. The host's investigation revealed the following problem:
      "In this case, your site encountered issues after the migration because of how PageLines is configured. In the database, they have the full server path defined, which includes the server number. Since the installation was moved moved to a new server, the theme was essentially trying to pull data from the wrong server."
       This seems like something that would be an issue for anyone who is moving their site to another host, or upgrading their level of hosting which often involves the host moving the sites files to a different server. This seems like something that needs to be corrected.
       Is form-based support really the only kind of customer support that you give for technical questions? I hope someone sees this post.