Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hlyf

Migrating website, components not working: Media Box, Masthead, iBox, Full-width canvas area

hlyf

Hi there,

I'm having some problems with building my website

I have previously built a website http://ewb-asia.sg and am currently trying to migrate the exact same website over to http://engineeringgood.org

As the webpage is built from the front end, the only way I know to do the migration is to rebuild the entire site from the front end as well

However some of the drag and drop components do not update after I have updated the text, images, etc. These include the full-width canvas area (tried to change background colour/image), iBox (tried to change the content), media box (tried to add images and text), and masthead (tried to add text and buttons).

Can anyone advise? I just installed the theme 2 days ago so it should be the most updated. I've also already deactivated all my plugins.

On another note, does anyone know a better/faster way to do this migration?

Danny

Hi,

To migrate your site from one server to another or one domain to another, simply use the import/export tools in both WordPress and DMS.

All you need to do is:

1. Export both your WordPress content and DMS theme settings from your old site.
  2. Go to your new site, make sure you have both WordPress and DMS installed.
  3. Then import your WordPress export file (.xml file), then once that is imported do the same with the DMS theme settings file (.JSON file).

If you have done this correctly, your site will be the an exact duplicate of your old site.

Please search our forums, before posting!

hlyf

Ah ok! I did the Wordpress import/export but not the DMS import/export. Where do I find this function for DMS?

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved and no problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!