Sign in to follow this  
shopstarboardgmailcom

Please Help with Fatal Error

shopstarboardgmailcom

I was looking at how to put clickable image as my "feature box" on the support forum, and I saw a post that a dev had put a fix in, so I went to upgrade to the newest version, and now I get... Fatal error: Call to a member function add_rewrite_tag() on a non-object in /home/starboar/public_html/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 289 I cant even get to the login page to fix it. Any help is greatly appreciated... www.shopstarboard.com thanks

ericmyers

First off; Did you upgrade your theme or WordPress? And what theme are you using?

shopstarboardgmailcom

I upgraded Wordpress, I hadn't gotten to the them yet. I am using Whitehouse Pro...

bryan-hadaway

What you'll need to do is connect to your site via FTP; - Navigate to wp-content/themes/yourtheme - Backup style.css then delete it - You should now be able to login directly to: http://www.shopstarboard.com/wp-login.php Thanks, Bryan

shopstarboardgmailcom

Thanks for the quick reply. I did just as stated above, and still nothing. I am leaving the store, so I will give it a minute and check again when I get home and can get a beer in front of me :), but I thought it was supposed to be pretty instantaneous.... thanks

bryan-hadaway

Okay, put the style file back and go to: wp-includes/taxonomy.php and backup and delete that out and see if you can get access back. Then finish your upgrade and put it back, hopefully it's that simple. Thanks, Bryan

shopstarboardgmailcom

Ok, I did what was recommended, and now it has changed... Warning: require(/home/starboar/public_html/wp-includes/taxonomy.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/starboar/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 126 Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/starboar/public_html/wp-includes/taxonomy.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/starboar/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 126 is there a chance that the code is looking for starboar...and not starboard?

shopstarboardgmailcom

For anyone curious about the same issue, it turns out the problem was with plugins. I followed the instructions here to reset my plugins. thanks for the help!