Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JenGre

nav classic full width?

JenGre

I'm just building a new site with Pagelines Lite and have chosen the nav classic navigation option.  I managed to remove the search button, but now my menu does not go across the full width, but wraps to a second line.  I've read a lot over the internet, but cannot find a CSS fix for this.  I cannot find any reference to the navigation codes in Editor but have now installed Firebug in the hope that I may be able to add code there.  Any help on what and where I do this gratefully received.  Thanks Jen

Danny

HI,

Can you provide a link to the site in question please. Also, please be sure in the future to post your question in the correct forum. PageLines Lite is the free version of PageLines Framework and not DMS.

Please search our forums, before posting!

JenGre

Hi Danny

Thank you for responding.  Sorry, I'm new to the forum areas and did not realise.  The site is in the process of being built/designed at the moment and ultimately will need to have the text approved.  I therefore cannot send a link on an open forum until this approval has taken place.  Is there any way I could send you a link that wasn't open to the forum?  If this is not possible, I will explain what happened with the design.  I chose navclassic which originally incorporated the search button which I didn't want.  I found some code to get rid of this, but the navigation buttons wrap prematurely to the second line due I guess to the space where the search button used to be.  I looked at the code in firebug which showed this <div class="navigation_wrap fix"> and changed it to "fix content-width" which worked but unfortunately did not save the changes.  I cannot see anywhere within PageLines Lite where I can make this change permanently.  Thank you.  

menu items.tiff

menu-items.jpg

code.jpg

Danny

Can you provide a link to the site in question, as you will need to increase the width of the container that houses the menu items to make it full width.

Please search our forums, before posting!