Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cwames

Can't change homepage image

cwames

I'm unable to change an image on the home page. It appears to upload the media OK, but when I publish the image reverts back to the original one. My host looked at the issue for quite a while (I thought at first it might have to do with a change that took place today in the mysql database on their end) and feels it's a DMS issue. I'm running 1.1.9 on the most recent version of WP.

http://www.cwames.org - the image in question is the Worship Schedule image

Tim

Danny

Hi Tim,

Are you using WordPress 4.3?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

Okay, the issue is caused by WordPress 4.3 which included an update to jQuery that caused an upload issue. Our devs are going to be releasing a patch to resolve this. However, as you're using the DMS basic, that product has less priority over our premium products. When you get the notification of an update, please update your DMS and this will resolve your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

cwames

Sounds good. I may try reverting to 4.2 for now, as I'm pretty anxious to get some things corrected on the home page. Any rough idea on a time frame for the fix?

Simon

Its already live, go to WordPress updates tab and click the check again button

cwames

Hmmm...when I do that, no new updates are found. I've logged out and back in, but still nothing new.

cwames

I'm afraid the update didn't fix the issue. I can still upload a new image to Media, but saving it does not replace the existing image.

I also tried logging out/back in and clearing the cache.

I've tried adding a new slide and deleting the old one (all that happens is a blank slide box gets saved - the info disappears).

I've tried a different computer.

I've tried replacing the URL to the image with a different one from the media gallery, but it too just gets replaced after saving with the original version.

Other ideas?

Simon

Sure PM me a login

Simon

I installed a purge varnish plugin, its all fixed now. See my PM 

Simon

Awesome! Thanks!!

You're welcome