Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dbrowne02

phone numbers not clickable

dbrowne02

Hi, the phone numbers on my website aren't clickable. They were at one point. Just realized that they no longer are. For example, in the masthead of brownelaborlaw.com, the 800 number isn't clickable. I tried adding this to advanced options editor, but it wouldn't save. I also tried adding that in the masthead tagline. Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have. Thanks! 

Update: The code below works for all parts of the site, including accordions and other content. But it doesn't work for the masthead.

<a href="tel:+1-222-333-4444">Call 1-222-333-4444</a>

Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a screenshot of your Masthead settings please. As the number on your site, isn't HTML, just plain text. 

Please search our forums, before posting!

dbrowne02

Hi Danny,

Actually, I cannot provide a screenshot of Masthead settings, because, now, when I try to visit the site when logged into wordpress, I get this error. Also, every page but my homepage is returning a 404 error. I have not added any plugins, or made any other changes, other than making the phone numbers clickable. 

Oops, There may be an issue loading.

DMS typically loads in less than 5 seconds. Please check for Javascript or PHP errors.
(Typically, slow or incomplete loading is related to plugin conflicts or server issues.)
View the Troubleshooting Guide

Simon

Looks like you have pagespeed enabled? Or at least something is modifying the HTML source.

Is your theme version 2.1.9? Thats quite out of date, have you tried updating to the latest version?

dbrowne02

Update: I was able to get DMS working again by disabling w3 total cache.

For the masthead settings, I have attempted to add this to the tagline <a href="tel:+1-800-421-2594">(800) 421-2594</a> to make the phone number clickable. However, it doesn't save, so when I go back and read the tagline, it just says 800-421-2594 and is not clickable.

Simon

WordPress 4.3 introduced an issue with options not saving, the latest version fixed that issue.

Can i recommend turning off w3 cache, mod_pagespeed and your CDN while you are trying to get to the bottom of it.

Having a concatenated HTML source makes it very hard for us to tell what version you are using.

dbrowne02

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. I don't think I have pagespeed enabled. My theme is 2.1.9. It looks like the current theme is 2.1.9.9? I assumed that my theme was up to date because wordpress tells me there is nothing to update, that everything is up to date. Do you know why it would say that everything is up to date when it is not? I tried uploading the most recent dms just now, install failed because destination folder already exists.

I understand how to turn off w3 cache and CDN. I don't know how to turn off mod_pagespeed.

I don't know what concatenated HTML means, unfortunately.

Thanks for your help,

David

Hi Simon,

It is strange that wordpress is telling me that the theme is up to date, when it isn't. Do you know how I can get it updated? I tried to upload the most recent dms to themes, but install failed because the destination folder already existed. Not an expert, but I wonder if that's the first step to fixing things.

Thanks,

David

Simon

You cannot update a theme using the WordPress theme installer, the theme is already installed.

If you have the PageLines Updater plugin installed, active and configured you will automatically get the updates, alternatively you can download the zip, extract it then upload the files to your server using FTP to the theme directory.

dbrowne02

Hi Simon,

The pagelines updater is installed and active. It shows the product (DMS business) and the key. It also shows the installed products, including dms, which is 2.1.9, and not 2.1.9.9. Do you know how i can get this updater working so that it recognizes that I don't have the most up to date dms?

I am bit nervous to upload the files to server using FTP. I am not advanced and would prefer to have the updater do it, if possible.

Thanks,

David

Simon

PM me an admin login i'll take a look for you

dbrowne02

Thanks. I just did that.

• Similar Content

• greatthingsllc
      By greatthingsllc+
      I have used the NavBar (Content Width) with blue background color selected.   The Parent Links are not clickable, only the child links.   I have tried with "Activate DropDown on Hoover" both selected and unchecked. 
      Only the NAVI (Content Width) allows the parent links to be clickable, but you can not select a background color.    The background color is a requirement from the end user.
      Thanks!
    • King Creative Design
      By King Creative Design+
      I'm trying to format a phone number for click-to-call on this site http://newsite.ocdla.com which is up in the header banner. I know mobile devices are suppose to detect phone numbers, but in this case it's not working. I am using a text box in the header to place the 'Call Now' verbiage with their phone number. I have tried it in multiple ways; with and without an href. I have tried the various phone formats (with parentheses and without, with a country code and without, with dashes and without, etc.) Regarding the styling, I tried it with an H tag (H6 in this case) and I have also tried using css.
      None of the various combinations turn out a click to call result. It looks like a link, but no clicking is available.
      Am I missing something?
    • margie
      By margie
      Hi-
      I really like the way Popshot displays images.  Is there a way to link each image to a page on my site?  That is, when you click on the image it would take you to a page or post?  

Thank you.
    • dbrowne02
      By dbrowne02+
      Hi,

I have the latest versions of Framework and Wordpress. Everything works great. However, when I view the website on an iPhone or iPad the phone number in my masthead (and the phone numbers in all other places throughout the site) changes from black to a gray color. I have tried to fix using the Browser Specific CSS plugin--I was able to change other elements in the Masthead but whatever is overriding the phone number to change it gray won that battle.

I am trying to figure this out because I want to use DMS to improve my site, including adding some blue full width background sections. Of course, I'd want the phone number to remain black, white, etc. or else it's barely viewable on a blue background.
      My website is brownelaborlaw.com.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have.

P.S. I am trying to upload a 172kb iPad png screenshot but have unable to do so on either forum updater (advanced and basic).   

Thank you.
    • toddatkins
      By toddatkins
      Running framework 2.4.1

Have a page with a hero at the top and then 3 banners

Each banner has a picture of a person and 5 bullet points of text

I need some help to make each of the 3 banners clickable on mouseover (I don't want just the image or just the text, I'd like the whole banner itself clickable)

Ideally I would like each entire banner pad to be clickable (to go to another page which is more indepth about the person) and for a border to show up around the outside edges of the pad on mouseover.

As best I can tell from firebug, the banner pad elements are:  banner-media-pad pprand-pad

But I just can't figure out how to actually achieve what I'm trying to do.  I know it's a bit outside the scope of what people use this forum for, but I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.