Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chuckrose1

Unable to make edits through DMS

chuckrose1

I am trying to update a site I have been working on for several weeks. When I click the edit button on a canvas area, the edit area changes to that canvas area, (good). When I try to replace the background image, and publish, the change does not commit.

Also, when I click the edit button on any of other containers other than a canvas area or the nav bar, the contents of the edit window doesn't change to that area.

I have clear cache many times, rebooted my machine, logged in and out of admin. Nothing is working.

Any ideas are welcome.

Here is the site URL:

http://gator4088.hostgator.com/~asif/

Chuck Rose

VP, Design & Development

Ballantine Communications, Inc.

chuckrose1

I also deactivated all plugins except for DMS plugins.

Chuck Rose

VP, Design & Development

Danny

Hi,

You have an active cache plugin, please flush the cache on the plugin settings and then disable the plugin. You can not have an active cache plugin whilst working on your site, as you will experience errors like this. Please keep this plugin disabled until you have finalised your sites design.

Please search our forums, before posting!

chuckrose1

Which plugin are you referring to? BTW, nice new avatar.

I had WP Super Cache installed, but it is deactivated.

I deleted WP Super Cache and all its files. I cleared the cache in Chrome. I logged out and back into Admin. I was hopeful for a second. I clicked on the edit button on a text box and the appropriate edit window came up. But a soon as I tried to change a background image in a canvas area, it started again. Now I can't edit anything.

Chuck Rose

VP, Design & Development

chuckrose1

I also went to site settings and clicked the Flush Cache button. "Clear all CSS/LESS cached data."  This didn't change anything. I am still unable to edit.

Here is the weird part. Once I flush everything and log back in, I can edit text boxes. But as soon as I try to edit the background image in this canvas area, everything becomes unable to edit. Please see screenshot.

http://chuckrose1.com/cache/canvas-edit.jpg

Chuck Rose

VP, Design & Development

Simon

You have an old version of DMS, 2.1.9.3. Update to the latest version to see if it resolves your issue

You can download the latest version from your account area or use the PageLines Updater

chuckrose1

Thanks Simon. I have Pagelines Updater plugin installed. Shouldn't that keep me up to date?

Updater doesn't seem to be working, so I downloaded the latest DMS as you suggested. But when I install it, I get the following message.... How do you do do the upgrade?

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /home1/asif/public_html/wp-content/themes/dms/

Theme install failed.

Chuck Rose

VP, Design & Development

chuckrose1

I checked one of my other WP sites using DMS. When I go to Themes, there is a very clear button to upgrade. On the site I an having trouble with, there is no such option. Screen shots attached...

http://www.chuckrose1.com/cache/available.jpg

http://www.chuckrose1.com/cache/unavailable.jpg

Chuck Rose

VP, Design & Development

Simon

You cannot use the WordPress theme installer to upgrade themes, same with plugin installer will not update plugins.

If the Updater plugin is properly setup with your key it will just update like any other theme, if not extract the zip file on you PC and upload the contents into the corresponding folder on your hosts server with FTP

chuckrose1

I did it a little differently. I switched to another theme. Deleted the version of DMS I had running, and then installed the latest DMS from the zip file. That seemes to have done the trick. Thanks for sending me down the right path!

This issue is resolved. Thanks all.

Chuck Rose

VP, Design & Development

• Similar Content

• dawsonbarber
      By dawsonbarber+
      A couple of days ago the CSS changes I was making to a site that's under development seemed to simply stop showing up after saving .

I can get the changes to show up after clicking CTRL and Enter, but after saving, saving, and saving again - then refreshing - they are gone (the CSS remains).

I've scoured the CSS and can't find any unclosed brackets or anything else out of the ordinary.

I've tried deactivating all plugins, flushed the cache (under Settings > Resets) but no matter what, the changes do not stick.

Using the latest DMS with the latest Wordpress. This one is hosted by Craphost (I mean Bluehost).

Any advice?