Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oksodavid

Multiste

oksodavid

Hi, just wanted to start a thread to find out what the vision is for use within a multisite environment.

wish list / issues as I see them:

1. PageLines Platform 5 (Network Only), can only be enabled site wide, meaning every site on the network will have option to enable builder. I think this is undesirable for compatibility and managed sites - may not want to provide options to create fw5 elements etc. Also, settings contains site specific meta such as social, content section and scripts, however, at the moment these setting are presented across all sub-sites.

2. Provide super user with ability to manage updates and extensions, and allow sub-site admins the potential to enable/disable extensions within sub-site, and picking up on above, allow sub-site to store settings/meta at a sub-site level

Simon

David, only super admins can install/update plugins and themes anyway.

The subsites *should* have the extra menu there too if i remember..

oksodavid

'only super admins can install/update plugins and themes anyway' understood, but the network enable means builder is available to admin on every site. I would also presume you might want to offer editors builder access on sub-sites too? I guess this would be achieved via role editor

re settings: at the moment the settings are stored in root site, so any editing - social name etc, will be reflected across all sites. A sub-site admin would be directed to /network/admin.php?page=pl-platform-settings which they don't have priv's to access