Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

claudedagenais

DMS Editor not working / not saving

claudedagenais

Hi,

I'm running DMSVersion: 2.1.9.8 with Wordpress 4.3 and since last night I cannot push anything live or save some type of changes such as changes to the sliders. I tried the solutions put forward in: http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/39320-dms-not-working-well-changes-not-being-saved/#comment-230459 but it did not solve my problems. I've not seen any error in Chrome console either. I've tried deactivating anything new and anything that was pointed to as possible culprit but notting change. I've cleared the caches nothing either. The web site that need love is: http://www.bromefair.com/

Thank for your help.

Edited to add that I'm seeing that the version of jQuery is 1.11.3 even when Simon's fix is installed or if I change function.php

unifeyed

Hi,

I'm running DMSVersion: 2.1.9.8 with Wordpress 4.3 and since last night I cannot push anything live or save some type of changes such as changes to the sliders. I tried the solutions put forward in: http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/39320-dms-not-working-well-changes-not-being-saved/#comment-230459 but it did not solve my problems. I've not seen any error in Chrome console either. I've tried deactivating anything new and anything that was pointed to as possible culprit but notting change. I've cleared the caches nothing either. The web site that need love is: http://www.bromefair.com/

Thank for your help.

Edited to add that I'm seeing that the version of jQuery is 1.11.3 even when Simon's fix is installed or if I change function.php

Same here. Just yesterday, I was having this same issue on a previous version of DMS. Used the patch and it worked perfectly. Today, not so much with the update.

Simon

Same here. Just yesterday, I was having this same issue on a previous version of DMS. Used the patch and it worked perfectly. Today, not so much with the update.

Strange, the DMS update includes the exact same code as I posted on the forum.

Check themes/dms/functions.php make sure the code is there in the file.

claudedagenais

Simon it is right in there as you can see.

functions.php

This is what I'm getting from the console if I try to remove a slider:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot use 'in' operator to search for 'length' in r @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2m.extend.each @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2(anonymous function) @ pl.optpanel.js?ver=98f23b:283m.extend.each @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2(anonymous function) @ pl.optpanel.js?ver=98f23b:282m.event.dispatch @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4r.handle @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4m.event.trigger @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4e.event.trigger @ jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.2.1:2(anonymous function) @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4m.extend.each @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2m.fn.m.each @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2m.fn.extend.trigger @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4$.optPanel.updateAccordion @ pl.optpanel.js?ver=98f23b:397(anonymous function) @ pl.optpanel.js?ver=98f23b:1290m.event.dispatch @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4r.handle @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4

unifeyed

It is in there, yes, but still not updating. Yesterday, I applied it to my child's theme functions.php and worked like a charm. Odd.

Simon

What js error are you getting? what jquery version is loaded in the page source?

claudedagenais

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot use 'in' operator to search for 'length' in r @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2m.extend.each @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2(anonymous function) @ pl.optpanel.js?ver=98f23b:283m.extend.each @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2(anonymous function) @ pl.optpanel.js?ver=98f23b:282m.event.dispatch @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4r.handle @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4m.event.trigger @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4e.event.trigger @ jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.2.1:2(anonymous function) @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4m.extend.each @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2m.fn.m.each @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2m.fn.extend.trigger @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4$.optPanel.updateAccordion @ pl.optpanel.js?ver=98f23b:397(anonymous function) @ pl.optpanel.js?ver=98f23b:1290m.event.dispatch @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4r.handle @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4

Simon

Well whatever code you have, it isnt working as you are loading the broken jquery

I suggest you try the plugin i posted a while back fix-dms2-jquery.zip

claudedagenais

I've tried that too but it did not work either. I had the same version of jQuery running before and after.

unifeyed

I am just using the DMS tools on the front end. Whenever I hit submit, nothing updates and reverts back to the original settings. No errors appear.

That plugin you suggested didn't work either. Same exact issue I was having yesterday before I updated the latest version.

ceciliafarell

I have the same problem - changes in the editor do not get saved. I am running WP 4.3 and PageLines DMS2 2.1.9.8. The problem started after I updated to these versions.

If I apply the jQuery patch, the editor does not load at all - white screen.

Simon

white screen is a php error, can you just enable WP_DEBUG in wp-config to reveal the error.

claudedagenais

Any hope that we will get a fix today on that issue?

Simon

Feel free to PM me an admin login so I can get to the bottom of this

unifeyed

My issue was resolved. Thanks again Simon!

Simon

My issue was resolved. Thanks again Simon!

You're welcome @unifeyed for the other followers of this topic the issue was in fact nextgen gallery which dequeues jquery itself to ensure it only gets the one from WordPress, this renders my fix useless! However.... here is another plgin that tells nexgen to not do that:  fix-nextgen-dms2-wp43.zip  

petere21

I have the same problem not saving after actualization Wp and themes (pinspro and dms2)

Simon

@petere21 you have nextgen gallery installed? WP 4.3? DMS2? Did you install the plugin i posted above?

claudedagenais

The NextGen fix (and some loving by Simon) saved the day for me.

Thanks Simon.

petere21

TO SIMON: sure next gen gallery is installed

btw time for good pagelines photo gallery, this is not the first conflict between nextgen and pagelines :-)

but i have another problem - with downloading it

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2C171/1

Contact Us

ceciliafarell
  1. I am also not able to download the nextgen patch same as @petere21. However, I don't have nextgen installed  (unless it's part of DMS) so that's not the problem. I think a definitive fix is in order.

ceciliafarell

So, are you going to help us with this  issue or not?

Simon

@ceciliafarell I have no idea what version of the theme or WP you are using.

I have a proposed fix for the javascript, the three people I gave it to last night have not reported back yet, I cant blindly push an update to 1000's of sites without knowing for sure if it will work.

If you want to help us out with testing this fix PM me with your version, WP version and an admin login so I can test the fix

Svetozar

Hello, 

i have the same issue as a person above - petere21 , am using nextgen gallery and pagelines, and am unable to download your fix as my account is said to have no access for downloading it, is there a possibility that you can send me the fix please? (Or at least make the fix available to all users of pagelines...as this is a major problem imo.)

Simon

Please read my answer above, there is a fix, waiting on feedback...