Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poseyg

Themes to use for testing

poseyg

Ok...I'm having a heck of a time finding a theme to test this with...one that shows the full benefits of the framework. I've tried Divi and several others...but I'm having trouble

with the integration between a theme and Platform 5. At this point it seems a little frustrating...this could because I'm so use to DMS...but at this point it seems

confusing...just wondering how this will affect new users.

Simon

Andrew is currently making a few intro videos, they will surely be posted here first so that might help you out and inspire...

Jackey

Thanks, that should help... for now... can't make heads or tails from it.
And I am really missing visual aids on the page while editing/composing (guides/contours).

oksodavid

I've been testing with 2013 & 2015, and appreciate the 'content area' flexibility for additional design control within a basic site. I think it would be great to hijack header/footer too. I'd also love to see template save/recall options.

I think the more capable the theme/framework, in terms of front end options, the more you'll be at odds with how to use the plug version effectively. I tried a test within DMS2 and feel you can trip over yourself with the UI/editors not really gelling to create a good experience.

I really like the speed and flexibility within Framework/theme though, and don't have any issue with the builder/column control to block out the design. For me, having all the section configs in the builder tightens up the whole process of design and adjusting parameters.