Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mzhafzah

Custom design for different category pages

mzhafzah

Hello :)

I am using DMS 2 theme and I want to create a 2 different links on my website; each link should take you to a different blog post category. Although the process is easy, yet I can not figure out how to give each category page a unique design of its own; Any change I make on any page is applied to the other (I'm aware of the universal elements like the header and footer and I a am not talking about these.)

Since I am new to wordpress in general, I am not sure if my description is sufficient; apologies if it is not.

TycoonJé

Danny

HI,

Unfortunately, in DMS you can not give archives for a specific post type a unique template/design. Any change you make to one category page, will effect all other category pages.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mzhafzah

HI,

Unfortunately, in DMS you can not give archives for a specific post type a unique template/design. Any change you make to one category page, will effect all other category pages.

I see. If I create a pages instead, would I be able to add to it the "WP Content/Loop"? and can I specify which posts to appear on this section? 

Danny

You can not use the default WP-Content/PostLoop to display posts on pages. As that section will display the pages content that has been added to the content editor in the WordPress dashboard.

Therefore, to use pages to display specific posts from a category, you're going to need to use a plugin such as MiniLoops or use the PowerLoop section.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• jaithai
      By jaithai+
      Unable to attach an image that's already been uploaded.
      When attempting to upload one from scratch, it gives me the error seen in the screenshot. As you can see by the Chrome Inspector, I receive a 400 error.

• stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      Ik like to use the following Plug-in in my DMS Theme, but can' get it to work. My DMS Editor is not loading anymore if I paste this short code in a page, textbox or mediabox: [wpdatatable id=1]
      Plug-in: WPDataTables Plug-in 
      Shortcode:  [wpdatatable id=1]

Anyone experience with this plug-in and DMS.
    • foxwatson
      By foxwatson+
      I recently downloaded the latest DMS2 update. Since the download, I lost front end ability to update. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  
    • Borries
      By Borries+
      I know this is not an easy problem. Maybe there is a easy solution.
      I have tryed to uses the existing solution, that I have found in the forum
      I changed the colours of my nav (simple nav) and the hover effect (a. hover).
      I really tryed to highlight the active/used link in the nav but I cant figure it out.
      I want it to be black when active.
      Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
      http://www.marcborries.de  nav link: "Sinn & Selbst"