Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poseyg

initial feedback

poseyg

ok...here are is some initial feedback:

1.sidebar selection doesn't seem to work ...when I choose a sidebar layout and save it doesn't work

2. how do you add custom css(this is a most have for me)

3. added several extend plugins and they do not show up in the builder(hero for one)

4. tried several different themes and found the integration to be kinda cumbersome...i.e. how much does the theme control things and how much does Platform 5 control things...themes were Divi, Minamaze, DMS2, Sento and Twenty Fifteen .

Posey Gaines[4:29 PM]this was with about 2 hours of testing 

Andrew

can i get screenshots of whats not working? 

are you looking for JS errors and issues? 

As for the integrations, video docs are gonna help a lot ;)

Simon

Posey what version are you using? the original zip or the updated one we pushed last night? 5.0.2?

I cant see how you added a content section to get sidebar control? thats a setting thats in the theme version...

To answer you questions, the plugin cannot control divi options, thats up to divi ;) but it can isert its own sections into areas f the theme, so for example you cant change the divi header, you would have to do that in divi, but you could add a platform section above/below it, does that make sense?

poseyg

Simon

using version 5.0.0 and yes, what you are saying makes sense.

Simon

click on updates in WP, should be an update there by now

poseyg

Here's something else. I switched to another theme and this showed up in the content area:

[et_pb_section fullwidth=”on” specialty=”off” background_color=”#2ea3f2″ inner_shadow=”off” parallax=”off”][et_pb_fullwidth_header admin_label=”Fullwidth Header” title=”Page With Dual Sidebars” subhead=”Here is a basic page layout with dual sidebars” background_layout=”dark” text_orientation=”left” /][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fullwidth=”off” specialty=”on”][et_pb_column type=”1_4″][et_pb_sidebar admin_label=”Sidebar” orientation=”left” area=”sidebar-1″ background_layout=”light” /][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_2″ specialty_columns=”2″][et_pb_row_inner][et_pb_column_inner type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text”]

Before I updated the plugin I could add extensions/etc...now when I try to add one I get:

please.png

also...where the sidebar settings taken out in the new update?

Andrew

@posey with other themes content areas you have to play by their rules. When using the new PageLines Framework, you'll have the sidebar options as described and working.

also, when you have issues with themes, please provide as much information as possible. e.g. theme name, screenshots, etc...

Simon

PS, that shortcode you quoted there, is a 3rd party shortcode, probably provided by whatever theme you switch from? 'et_pb_section'

oksodavid

Hi, I just tested 5.0.2. Picking up on previous sidebar issues, for PageLines Framework theme, I have sidebar layout config saving ok now. *note, the 'Left/Right Sidebar' config is reversed - when set to SB1>Primary & SB2>Secondary it displays SB1>Secondary & SB2>Primary, all other configs are good though.

Simon

Fixed in next version David.

Please post issues in new topics, so we can all follow the progress ;)