Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

usaf_1982

JS error

usaf_1982

I am enough of techie to keep my own WP website. I use the Pagelines Framework & have not taken the time to move over to DMS. My site is http://faciltiationprocess.com

I use Wordfence plugin paid version as part of my site security. Wordfence has a live traffic feature which ties to sort bots from humans. I check the live scan once a day looking for irregularities. In the last few days I have had a high number of visitors that show up under the "human tab" of wordfence live stats that look like this:

enter image description here

Again, this "tried to access non-existent page" entry is connected to many different users and and is occurring when visitors leave different pages or posts. But all try to access domainname/jquery.js

The only changes I have made to my website recently are 1-2 posts to my blog and regularly updating plugins and the WP framework as prompted. Neither Wordfence nor Anti-Malware from GOTMLS.NET suggest any compromise to my site.

Can anyone give a 2 sentence explanation what might be happening (and assess the risk)?

thanx

Danny

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have no experience with the WordFence plugin and therefore, am not sure what you're really asking. The file jquery.js isn't included in any of our products or any well developed WordPress theme or plugin, as it is already included with WordPress. Therefore, I think the best course of action is to speak to WordFence and see what they recommend.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon

You have some sort of popup form? dojo something? embed.js? mailchimp perhaps?

Anyway whatever it is it is looking for jquery in the root of your site and trying to load it.

usaf_1982

Simon.  Thanx a million.  Mailchimp pop-up form code that was not working properly.

Simon

You're welcome

Moving this to support section...

• Similar Content

• Peter Esslemont
      By Peter Esslemont
      Hi,
      When using the editor I am getting duplicate wordpress toolbars and an a nice error to go with it...
      I have them stack 4 high at one point.  Goes away with a refresh then re-appears.
      very odd.

• MobileParity
      By MobileParity+
      www.bingerr.com
      DMS 2+
      WooCommerce 2+
      debug:enabled

### Active Plugins (26) ###   BAW Post Views Count: by Juliobox – 2.19.11 BigTextDMS PL Section: by TourKick – 1.1 Dms Developer Tools: by PageLines – 0.2 DMS Professional Tools: by PageLines – 1.8.5 Dokan Lite - Multi-vendor Marketplace: by Tareq Hasan – 1.0 Footer Extras DMS: by Ellen Moore – 1.0 Google Captcha (reCAPTCHA) by BestWebSoft: by BestWebSoft – 1.14 Hooker: by Simon Prosser – 1.5.1 MultiMenu: by PageLines – 1.2 Open external links in a new window: by Kristian Risager Larsen – 1.3.1 Orbisius Child Theme Creator: by Svetoslav Marinov (Slavi) – 1.2.5 Poppy: by PageLines – 1.4 PageLines Updater: by PageLines – 1.2.6 GrandStand: by PageLines – 1.3 PLNextBox: by PageLines – 1.1 SideWalk: by PageLines – 1.1 PageLines Signup: by PageLines – 0.2 Responsive Typography: by Kyle & Irving – 1.0.1 Sidebar Manager Light: by OTWthemes.com – 1.8 SolidFooter: by PageLines – 1.0 Stripe for WooCommerce: by Stephen Zuniga – 1.36 SumoMe: by SumoMe – 1.10 WooCommerce Menu Cart: by Jeremiah Prummer Ewout Fernhout – 2.5.6   WooCommerce: by WooThemes – 2.3.7 WordPress Importer: by wordpressdotorg – 0.6.1 WordPress SEO: by Team Yoast – 2.0.1     There appears to be several js errors however I have not made any significant updates to the site in a few days so I am not sure where they are coming from. The site was accessible yesterday however today the dms editor will not load. I am able to access the WP Dashboard however when I try to access the front end of my site for editing (I am using Pagelines DMS 2), I receive a loading error. I have disabled all plugins and removed all custom css and it still will not load. I added back the css and plugins and the problem still persists. Any help is much appreciated.   Cheers,   AG
    • circ2013
      By circ2013
      I was trying to load some javascript into a text widget and clearly, it didn't work.  Now, I can't even open the editor to remove it and I don't know how to find it in using ftp...  

Here is the site: http://knssandbox.com/petals/

Attached is the screen shot showing the DMS error message as well as my developer console showing the JS error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Scott

• MobileParity
      By MobileParity+
      I am receiving what seems to be a js error when loading a specific page on my website. I have cleared the cache multiple times. Uninstalled/reinstalled facebook plugins however nothing seems to work. I can access the webpage from a different browser however I am not able to edit the page in "customize" section in my WP Dashboard. Here is the website along with the page with errors
      Homepage: http://www.olympianstrings.org
      Page w/Errors: http://www.olympianstrings.org/media/class-videos/
      any help is much appreciated so I can edit the page. I am using Pagelines DMS as a front-end editor.
      WP version: 3.8.3
      DMS version: 1.1.8
      Nicks Base theme
      Screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/L8pum24v3L