Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dreamsight

Moved server, custom CSS issues

dreamsight

We've moved a client's site to a new server and now the DMS is not saving custom CSS changes. The saving icon continuously spins.

We thought it may be a permissions problem so we gave the folder /wp-content/uploads/pagelines/ temporary 777 permissions but that did not work so we have returned it to 755! Are we missing something or is there another file that needs particular permissions?

Simon

Check the javascript console, there may be a PHP error preventing the ajax from saving.

dreamsight

thanks Simon, I think we've found it, but it throws up other issues...

<b>Fatal error</b>:  Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in <b>/home/countyfl/public_html/wp-includes/compat.php</b> on line <b>121</b><br />

The scripts consumed 268.435456 MB of memory and we don't think that's right. The memory is set for 64MB which should be more than enough for the biggest scripts.

Are we on the right path? Is something seriously wrong with the setup and/or scripts themselves?

Site http://www.countyflatroofing.co.uk

dreamsight

we've got another DMS installed on a sub-domain of this and it's fine. I've renamed the plugins folder and it's the same.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Also it's not just the custom css, any section changes are the same

Danny

That error you have printed above, is informing you that you do not have enough memory. However, DMS doesn't require 268mb, therefore, you have other things consuming your memory. I recommend you disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue. If it doesn't, you're going to need to speak to your host provider and ask them to increase your memory.

Out of curiosity, what version of DMS, PHP do you have installed?

Please search our forums, before posting!

dreamsight

Hi Danny

I've tried disabling all plugins and it's the same problem.

I can't ask for more than 268MB from the hosting company, that's not practical and not fixing the problem.  Pagelines doesn't need that much, so does that mean there must be a problem with Pagelines?

WordPress 4.2.2

DMS Version: 2.1.9.5

http://www.countyflatroofing.co.uk/phpinfo.php

dreamsight

There an external Java script in DMS Header Scripts Fallback, in Admin Pagelines>Dashboard. When I delete it and click update I get the Saved! message, but when I refresh it's still there.

What folders get saved to and what are the permissions? Could it be trying to save and a script is piling up the memory over and over because it can't?

Danny

According to your PHPinfo, your memory is set to 64mb, I recommend you contact your host and ask them what is going on.

dreamsight

Hi Danny, All the other DMS site we are running are fin with 64mb. This site was on another server with 64MB before we changed it over.

The site had exhausted 268MB. How much memory does DMS require? What is the minimum spec to run it?

I have to be honest, it seems like there is a problem with the site, something using up all the memory. It can't be plugins, because I renamed the folder and it still wont save. We need to fix them problem, not increase the memory beyond reasonable sizes.

We had another DMS site on the same server under a sub domain http://mobile.countyflatroofing.co.uk/phpinfo.php and that works fine.

Please can you help shed some light on this, or point me in the right direction?

dreamsight

memory is now set to 128MB and I still can't save a section.

dreamsight

memory is now set to 256MB and I still can't save a section. I don't see this is a memory problem. There must be something that's causing it. What shall I do?

Danny

Are you still receiving the error message regarding memory?

If you're having issues saving, this is likely related to either custom code you have added or plugins. Have you tried removing all custom code this includes CSS and anything you may have added to a section?

If removing the code doesn't work, then you will need to try disabling all plugins.

In my opinion, it is very likely related to something you have added to a section such as HTML or scripts.

dreamsight

Yes we are still receiving this error when saving after making a section change...

<b>Fatal error</b>:  Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in <b>/home/countyfl/public_html/wp-includes/compat.php</b> on line <b>121</b><br />

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
m.parseJSON @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.2:4
e.parseJSON @ jquery-migrate.min.js?ver=1.2.1:2
$.ajax.success @ pl.ajax.js?ver=dd065a:105
j @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.2:2
k.fireWith @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.2:2
x @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.2:4
send.b @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.2:4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've disabled all Plugins and renamed the Plugins folder, same problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is an external Java script in DMS Header Scripts Fallback, in Admin Pagelines>Dashboard. When I delete it and click update I get the Saved! message, but when I refresh it's still there. Because of the problem we are having.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can't remove the custom css because we have this problem when saving it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danny

Well DMS doesn't use 256MB nor should anything else. Therefore, you must have something on your new server that is causing the issue or have a plugin that is eating away your memory.

• Can you send me a PM with the following information please.
  • A link to this topic so I know what the PM is regarding.
  • A link to the site in question along with your admin username/password
  • Make sure all plugins have been disabled.

dreamsight

Hi Danny, I've had to turn the plugins back on as the customer was complaining about missing bits of their site. Let me know when you are going to have a look and O'll turn them off again.

Thanks

Danny

Logged into your site, removed the URL you added to the CDN option in the DMS Pro Tools and when I view your site, I do not receive any JS errors that you mention.

https://cloudup.com/cTxfHkLU7yO

Therefore, can you provide a screenshot of these errors if you're still seeing them. Also, there is no Navi section on your site.

Danny

As you can see from the screenshot, you still have a memory issue. You're going to need to disable all plugins except DMS Pro Tools/PageLines Updater plugin and then let me know when you have so I can look again.

Also, I think you're going to need to speak to your host and ask them if they can see what is using so much memory and also ask them to upgrade your servers PHP version to 5.5 or greater.

dreamsight

All plugins bar DMS Pro Tools/PageLines Updater are disabled.

The problem with the memory is because of the problem with the site. It's set to 256MB, which as you say is more than enough to run Pagelines.

dreamsight

I've had to turn PageTitle PL DMS Section back on, the customer is complaining their titles are missing again. Can you disable it if it interferes with what you are doing?

Simon

Did you try running the memory test in the pro tools?

dreamsight

I've had to turn Globel Admin plugin back on as their forms don't work without it.

dreamsight

Hi Simon,

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 229376001 bytes) in /home/countyfl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/dms-plugin-pro/libs/class.memtest.php on line 18
Ram test Results: 258436Kb or approx 252Mb

dreamsight

Any more ideas anyone? I'm really up against it here, the client is now wanting to know why it's taking so long getting their changes done. It's making me look really bad.

dreamsight

Host wants to know what scripts are used to save PL, so they can look at them. Please can you let me know?

Thanks

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?