Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vanessabt

Fatal Error on Upgrade, HELP!

vanessabt

Hi,

I just finished building a new site on my local host.  I was just updating all the plugins and theme before I saved a back up to transfer it to the staging server for the client.

All the plugins updated perfectly fine.

Version of wordpress updated fine.

Then updated DMS and POW! I now get this error - 

Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_customize_preview() in /Users/vanessabt/Documents/Websites/amrtest.dev/wp-content/themes/dms/dms/includes/init.editor.php on line 26

Now I can't log into the backend of the site and I didn't back it up because I wanted to back it up after I did the upgrade (I know that was stupid but never had this problem before...learned my lesson)

How can I fix this on my local drive so I can get this site up on the staging server for my client?  Please advise.  I hope this isn't something major because I don't want to have to rebuild the entire site.

Simon

That function was added in wordpress 4.0 what version are you using? That was 1 year ago..?

Simon

I have updated the zip that you downloaded. 

If you want to edit directly just add this function to themes/dms/dms/includes/deprecated.php

/**
 * Wordpress 3.9.x does not have this function, some people refuse to use WP 4
 */
if( ! function_exists( 'is_customize_preview' ) ) {
	function is_customize_preview() {
			global $wp_customize;
			return ( $wp_customize instanceof WP_Customize_Manager ) && $wp_customize->is_preview();
	}
}

vanessabt

Not sure. I used a fresh install of wordpress and then it just came up today that there was an upgrade available which did not show up yesterday so I just hit upgrade like I normally do.

would it work to just set up a new site on my local host with a fresh wp install and then drag in the dms and child theme from the old install?  would it retain all my sections and everything that was set up? or is there a way to reverse the upgrade in myphpadmin?

Simon

No need to reverse anything..

3 options

• Upgrade WordPress to 4.x
  • Download DMS from your user area and upload all the files overwritng them as you go.
  • Add those 4 lines of code to deprecated.php

There is nothing in phpmyadmin that will change code inside files i am afraid. 

vanessabt

great, thank you very much... I am going to try these in a bit and let you know what happens.  Thank you for the quick response... I was almost hitting panic mode.

Update you in a bit.

Simon

If you are not confident with FTP, just private message me the login credentials and do it for you

vanessabt

I added the code into the php file and it worked brilliantly!  Thank you so much!  I am backing up the local host build now and transferring it to the live site.  I will let you know if there are any other problems.  Thanks again!

Simon

I added the code into the php file and it worked brilliantly!  Thank you so much!  I am backing up the local host build now and transferring it to the live site.  I will let you know if there are any other problems.  Thanks again!

you're welcome :)

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?