Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oseehys

Export Not Working, Canvas Background Video Not Displaying

oseehys

Hello,

I tried to Publish my Export to my child theme, but the export will just keep attempting to save to the child theme without publishing, do i have to disable all the plugins before exporting or what are the reasons that will make templates not to export?

2. I used this shortcode 
[pl_video type="youtube" id="Qaioo4EW9mA"] to try and embed my youtube video background to to display on my canvas but the video could not display, is there a css i need to add to my custom css before adding the shortcode?

3. My twitter shortcode have suddenly stopped displaying twitter my accounts only the facebook like button is now displaying, but both shortcodes are still on the places where they should displaying.

4.i want to assign user groups to manage specific sections like i want someone to manage a woocommerce section, and someone else to manage a specific category for easier site management, is there a plugin you can recommend or can i use the dream team pluging to assign sections, because i cannot see how i can do that with the dream team, probably you can recommend the format being used by the pagelines team?

5. i am using the browser specific plugin to display my mobile, can you help me with a default css to change the font size  and width for mobile, because the css i min andmax width is (680/100) that could not really adjust the canvas section, there was only changes to specific sections like multigram, facebook all in one dms, there was no changes to the canvas section and the header section...

Regards

Danny

Hi,

Firstly, please refrain from asking multiple questions in one topic, our policy is one question per topic, this is due to search indexing reasons.

1. What do you mean exactly, it is trying to save to the child theme? Can you provide a screenshot.

2. Where are you placing this shortcode?

3. Which Twitter shortcode are you using and where are you using it?

4. You can not create or assign users to roles that allow them to edit specific sections. If you want a user to edit a section they will need to be in the administrator role which isn't wise. Therefore, you're unable to achieve this.

5. What CSS are you using?

Please search our forums, before posting!

oseehys

Sorry about that, the issues just pile up on me, it will take about four days to ask all of them, i hope next-time i wont bother you with those questions

1. I dont have the Image yet

2. I placed this shortcode [pl_video type="youtube" id="Qaioo4EW9mA"] at the first link box of the canvas background video link.

3. I am using the Pagelines twitter follow shortcode button, however it has started working again, after i logged in, formerly it was only the facebook like button that was visible.

4.Ok. i Understand

5. CSS am using on my browser specific css, but the screens on all devices are still too wide

/* 
body.android {
          @media screen and (min-width: 680/1000) {
}

body.mobile {
}

body.blackberry {
}

Than you guys so much.

Danny

Hi,

1. Awaiting image.

2. You can not place shortcodes into option fields, such as the background image option. If you want to use the background image option you will need to upload the video in both formats. The shortcode isn't not mean't to work with that option as it doesn't support shortcodes.

3. Fixed

4. Fixed.

5. That CSS isn't valid, you can not wrap a media query within a class and the media query you have set isn't actually doing anything. I recommend you read up on Media Queries and to use the Browser Specific CSS, you need to use it like so:

/* Sets the body background to black */
body.chrome {
    background-color: black;
}

If you want to target specific sections or elements, simply make sure the device, browsers etc... is prefixed to your CSS, like so:

body.firefox .section-masthead .content {
    background-color: red;
}

For more information on Media Queries, see this article - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Guide/CSS/Media_queries

Please search our forums, before posting!