Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JudithKlinger

meta key meta value

JudithKlinger

In a number of the post plug ins there is a meta key/meta value area. The text says: Select only posts which have a certain meta key and a corresponding meta value. Useful for similar or featured posts. 

Excellent! But where does one enter a meta key and meta value? And why do you need both? 

Searching thru Pagelines answers didn't help..brought up an explanation of the toolbars or an error code. Strange. 

Thanks!!

Simon

the meta_key is the settings key and meta_value is the actual value to check against.

As an example in the post edit screen lets add a new custom meta value called 'is_awesome' and set it to true

Screen_Shot_2015-07-30_at_19.13.56.thumb

Now in whatever section you are pulling posts from if you use is_awesome and true as the meta_key and meta_value it will only show posts that have that custom field.

JudithKlinger

Well, that answer 'is awesome'. Truly! 

thanks!!

• Similar Content

• Samuel Costa - UDF
      By Samuel Costa - UDF+
      Hi. 
      I'm using Loops section on search pages and using default query object.
      But i cant sort in descendent order. Doens't work.

Another thing. How i use meta query object ? Can i give me a example?
      Tks.
    • Dana
      By Dana+
      Hi DMS team,
      Please help out on how to add Post tags to the bottom of each post. Tried looking at the hooks tutorials but not sure what to do here.
      Thanks a lot.

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I want to remove the 'this post was last edited by xxxxx at xxxxx date/time. 
      In going thru the Codex, this appears to be a theme setting? Is that correct? How do I remove it? 
      Thank you,
      Judith
    • kellid
      By kellid
      Hi! 
      Looking for some help with Masonic Gallery.  As it is now, the post title shows only when hovered over.  How can I have it where the title show over the image continuously while the image has either a lowered opacity or greyscale and as you hover over, the title's opacity changes while the background image resumes to full color?  Hope that makes sense.  Don't have any examples on hand but I could find one!  
      Thanks so much!
    • ahmadabugosh
      By ahmadabugosh
      Hi, 

I was wondering how to edit the default meta share data that's in pagelines.

It seems like it's overriding my open graph data when I want to share. 

I'm referring to:

<meta property='pl-share-title' content='' />
      <meta property='pl-share-url' content='' />
      <meta property='pl-share-desc' content='' />
      <meta property='pl-share-img' content='' />

I can't figure out how to edit them. Please help.

Thanks!
      Ahmad