Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oseehys

Skeleton Theme Activated DMS 2 Instead of Pinspro

oseehys

Hello,

So i am almost done with my development, am preparing to handover the project to the client, i installed the skeleton theme to save my customization, however when i activated the skeleton theme, it consistently loaded the DMS2 template without pinspro theme, that means it is not seeing the pinspro, how do i make the skeleton theme inherit the pinspro as a parent?

Regards

Danny

The Skeleton theme is a child theme for DMS. Therefore, to resolve this you will need to open the style.css file for the Skeleton theme which contains the following:

/*  
Theme Name: Skeleton
Theme URI: http://www.pagelines.com
Description: Skeleton, a basic child theme for PageLines DMS
Version: 1.0.0
Author: Danny Holt
Author URI: https://github.com/Dannyholt/

Template: dms
*/

/** 
 * All CSS & LESS CSS should be added to the style.less file.
 * However, you can use this file if you only wish to use CSS.
 * Lines 13-17 can be removed.
 */

You will then need to replace the following:

Template: dms

With the following:

Template: pinspro

However, before you do this make sure PinsPro is the active theme. Then, make these changes, after you have completed this change, activate the Skeleton theme again. It should now be a child theme for PinsPro instead of DMS.

Please search our forums, before posting!

oseehys

Thanks Danny, i have activated the child-theme and it was working fine,  but for the past 1 hour, my homepage has refused to load, other pages are loading fine, i tried to add 2 images to my scroll slider and it refused to load the images for viewing, i have disable all the plugins, i have also enabled DMS debug mode, yet i cannot view the home page, its deeply upsetting this is happening now.

Please what other options do i have to load the homepage, because i have deleted the 2 images via the media library yet still the same continuous loop loading, i need help your support urgent, pls

oseehys

I have no idea how the issue resolved itself, apparently after 1 hour of loading the homepage has reloaded, i will watch it to see if it happens again...Regards

Danny

Let us know if the issue presents itself again and we can look into this for you. However, an infinite loading loop is usually caused by either plugins you have active or custom code that isn't valid or causing a conflict with the DMS Toolbar/Visual Editor. Although, as you mentioned, this resolved itself after roughly an hour, this sounds like cache to me.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• jaithai
      By jaithai+
      Unable to attach an image that's already been uploaded.
      When attempting to upload one from scratch, it gives me the error seen in the screenshot. As you can see by the Chrome Inspector, I receive a 400 error.

• stijnxo
      By stijnxo+
      Ik like to use the following Plug-in in my DMS Theme, but can' get it to work. My DMS Editor is not loading anymore if I paste this short code in a page, textbox or mediabox: [wpdatatable id=1]
      Plug-in: WPDataTables Plug-in 
      Shortcode:  [wpdatatable id=1]

Anyone experience with this plug-in and DMS.
    • foxwatson
      By foxwatson+
      I recently downloaded the latest DMS2 update. Since the download, I lost front end ability to update. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  
    • Justin Taylor
      By Justin Taylor
      I originally purchased, I believe, a 3 site licence for DMS2. The new account interface does not reveal any of this information.
      How do I know how many licences I am entitled to? How do I reset one for a new website? All it says now is that I don't have any Pro licences?