Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oseehys

How to overide Textbox Height Sitewide or with Skeleton Theme

oseehys

Hello, 

So i have been trying to edit my textbox height to have a scroller,  so that they can aligh with my Instagram and twitter height which is default 600px, i edited one textbox section using a css Danny provided on the forum and that worked,  my javascript was now displaying the form, find below the css that worked for that textbox section

#textboxu1gs7p0 {
height: 600px !important;
max-height: 600px !important;
overflow: scroll;
}, 

But I have several other textbox to add to other pages, i dont think its a good practice to target textbox sections one by one, so i tried to edit the section and upload it to my skeleton theme, however i dont know where i can add the above css on the Textbox section on my code editor, can you show me aplace to add that css on the textbox section?  or i also tried to target the textbox section sitewide using the css below. 

section-textbox .pl-section-pad .textbox-wrap {
height: 600px;
}

But this did not work, the only css that work is when i target the specific textbox, i dont think its good idea to target 12 different textbox when i can edit the section or target one to use for all, so please can you provide me with the Textbox Section css overide.... the default height i am looking for is 600px with overflow:scroller.

Thanks

oseehys

UPDATE: So i have managed to get around the textbox height issue, i have to identify the textbox section and edit the height, thats the only way, because if i make it site wide, it will affect other textbox and i have to edit several other pages, so i have to go the hardway, instead of the difficult way..

Aires

Hi,

If you are going to be doing styling multiple sections this way it would be easier to just make a class with all the styles attached to it and add the class to the text boxes.

IMO it would be easier to make changes this way than having to go to every single textbox id and make a change.

for example:

.customclass {

~Aires

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

oseehys

Thanks @ aires, this will be a great comfort, but please for clarity help me out here

1. how would you name the custom class? should it look like this?

e.g

.customclass .textbox  {

2. Where will i input the css? inside each textbox custom styling classes or on my custom css section?

oseehys

Well, i went back to google which brought me back to pagelines custom section, so i got that one figured out, we are all not expert html, css guys here, thats why i ask much as i can, the simple things are sometimes the most tiring to understand in computer language....

I NEED HELP WITH Powerloop title class shortcode.

So i added this shortcode to my powerloop title class to reduce this size of my Title to h6, to be like the powerloop demo example

[powerloop_title <h6 class="center zmt zmb"></h6">], but it did not change the title, it was still showing the default H1 class, any help here, guys?

Danny

If you have a new question that isn't related to your original topic, please create a new topic in future.

The code you have used, will not work, as you can not include HTML inside a shortcode, as it will break the shortcode. To reduce the size of your title, you will need to need to use custom CSS or add your own class. Like so:

[powerloop_title class="my-title-size"]

Then add the following CSS:

.my-title-size {
    font-size: 16px;
}

If you have any further questions related to the PowerLoop issue, please create a new topic.

Please search our forums, before posting!

oseehys

Thanks Danny, that was just what i needed, i tried to post my reply on Friday but could not the site was hanging, i appreciate you really. am thinking that if we can compile and easily access all the CSS Danny has provided on this forum it will solve 60% of members queries...

• Similar Content

• balfred1345
      By balfred1345
      Hi,
      I've got a client on a DMS ver. 1.1.9.1 site. Using WP 4.5.2.
      The site is clean from malware. And I've replicated the below problem with all plugins off except for DMS Pro Tools
      Here's the page: http://choralartsensemble.org/support/sponsors/
      When a textbox or column with textbox on the page are deleted, upon save and refresh one or more textboxes in the header and footer loses its content. This is a repeatable occurrence. 
      Can you please tell me how to fix this so it does not happen again? 
    • John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      I have a problem with the regular textbox in pl5, in this case, the text goes in that container, but it will hide som of the text, as if the container itself won't fit?
      Is this some kind of bug or have I done something stupid, never happend before with pl5 doh, can I do something smart about it?
      Version: Version 5.0.108
      Look here: www.gastronova.co56.se

• Kempston
      By Kempston+
      Good day
      How do I indent textbox content so that it's not flush against the side of the screen on mobile devices?
      When I view Kempston Truck Hire East London on my phone, the text is aligned against the side of the screen and doesn't look right.
      Many thanks
      Rob
    • Ellery
      By Ellery
      Hi
      I am using WPML v3.2.7 and pagelines 2.2.
      Can you please tell if I can use WPML to translate text in textbox?  or other components in pagelines?  Because I saw there are a number of topics regarding WPML.
      By the way, I read this blog post from pagelines:
      http://www.pagelines.com/translation-localization-center/
      but the PageLines Translation Center link is 404 (http://pagelines.com/translate/projects/pagelines-framework) 
      Thank you very much for your help.
    • triggerfish
      By triggerfish+
      I have a weird thing going on on my companies testimonials page.
      They are all exactly the same kind of textboxes, just duplicated down the page..then the text changed.
      The 2nd box to the right  (Lily Andersen), is dropped down and the title is centered instead of aligned to the left.
      The actual frame in DMS where the edit and sizing tools are is actually weirdly offset to the right.
      No matter what I do I cannot correct this...IF I duplicate the textbox to the left (Nicole- Memorial Society), it then does the same thing!
      http://triggerfish.website/client-testimonials/
      See attached images  
      Thx,
      Donald