Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan Logan

Pagelines Updater Plugin and DMS 2.1.9.5 Update Issues

Ryan Logan

Pagelines Updater:  

I performed an update from 1.26 to 1.28 on one of my test sites. The update completed but ALL of my website pages were a complete mess.  After deactivating the plugin, the site went back to normal.  To rule out this was a particular site issue, I performed the same steps on 2 other test sites.  The result was the same across the board.  As it is now, I cannot/will not update the Pagelines Updater plugin.

DMS 2.1.9.5:

I performed an update from 2.1.9.3 to 2.1.9.5 on one of my test sites. The update completed but some of my pages were coming up completely blank.  The only way to get everything back was to perform a restore.  @butcher mentioned this experience as well.  To rule out this was a particular site issue, I performed the same steps on 2 other test sites.  The result was the same across the board.  As it is now, I cannot/will not update to DMS 2.1.9.5.

Danny

Hi,

When you say a complete mess, what exactly happen?

• Was certain sections missing? If so, which ones?
  • Where regions missing i.e. Fixed, Header, Template etc...?

I have just update a test site and did not encounter any issues.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon

The plugin is not the issue, your CSS cache is being cleared are you using some kind of caching plugin? A url would have been so much more helpful

Caching...yes.  I disabled the caching plugin before updating the Pagelines Updater plugin and DMS 2.1.9.5.  Everything updated successfully.

I've never had to do that before, but will going forward.

Simon

Updating a plugin clears the css caches, always has done ever since dms was first released. Your cache plugin will be showing an old version of the page.

Updating software on a site, step 2 should *always* be clear the sites caches, to make sure things still work, thats admin 101.

If this is resolved please tick the answer button on the left.

• Similar Content

• uniworks
      By uniworks+
      Running WordPress 4.8.1  Unable to update to new versions of Pageline plugins (6 total). 
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!