Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jeomiland

Best Language Translation Plugin and how use in DMS2?

jeomiland

Hi guys

Have looked through old posts on the forum about language translation, didn't see anything recent. So I installed Transposh, added in Widgets to my sidebar, setup English and Espaniol as languages and the good news is nothing crashed, but I see no spanish words??? Can any one share what they are using for a simple English-Spanish translation for DMS2? If Transposh is what you use (seems to have good reviews and lots of downloads on Wordpress plugins) then what steps am I missing?

http://ecoluxhomeproducts.com/storedev/es/home-shopping/eco-chic-apparel/onno-mens-bamboo-t-shirts/

Oh, also when I choose Spanish, the page now shows a bunch of " " in places wher non-break chars are supposed to be displayed - like before/after the slashes in breadcrumbs.  Am using recent Woocommerce shoppingcart. 

Thanks

JEO

_jan_

I have used the wp plugin CodeStyling Localization as a quick way to translate themes and plugins.

• Similar Content

• jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Hi guys
      I recently was asked by client to make a Woocomerce site I'm working on be able to display in Spanish. After some research I found transposh plugin had good reviews. So installed it. Put the widget in DMS2 sidebar and set it up for just English and Spanish, with english default. When I checked the site, it would not display spanish when chosen, but it did start to display " " in several places. So I turned it off again.
      Contacted Woocomerce who replied:
      So I deactivated the plugin, but now stuff is showing up in spanish in the dashboard (like Activate/update/delete under plugin names, field text in Gravity forms and probably lots of other places I haven't checked out yet but the main site content looks english!?!?!
      So I turned transposh back on but this is a problem... can't have a plugin active that is causing clashes, so where do I look to reset the system base language back to english when the plugin is deactive?
      Thanks
      oh, site is at http://ecoluxhomeproducts.com/storedev/  (in english now, but transposh active...)