Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

titus

Section breaks when blocked from displaying then re-enabled

titus

the footer are of my DMS 2 website breaks when I use the following option, publish, then re-enable the section.

"Hide on specific pages or posts? (IDs Comma Separated)"

Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 4.56.05 PM.png

Danny

Hi,

Can you record the actions you take please, so we know exactly what you're doing and try to recreate the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

titus

Hi Danny,

You're probably going to hate me, but I'm not really sure what I'm doing that causes this. I originally thought after I opened this ticket, that I had figured it out.

There was an open </div> and </form> in my footer. I've since fixed that and it started disappearing after I hid it on a certain page. It seems as though if I hide it on a specific page and then unhide it it will come back fine... Then later, out of no-where, it just disappears. I really can't say what is triggering it. And, I'm not even 100% sure it's the 'hide on this page' option. It could be anything...

Where should I start here?

Thanks,

Titus

Danny

HI Titus,

Okay, let me report your findings to our developers, as this is likely a minor bug.

titus

Okay, great. Is there any way I can follow the progress?

Danny

Unfortunately, the DMS repo was being abused by some users who were using the issue tracker as a support route. So as of 2014, the DMS repo is now closed as too is the issue tracker.

titus

Gotcha no worries. I'll just keep checking back. Is there any way I can help? Grab you an error log or anything?

Danny

If you provide the exact steps of how you're recreating the issue. As, our developers are unable to recreate the issue. They have done the following:

• Add a Canvas section and some sections to it.
  • Then they go to the Canvas section settings and add a page ID to the Hide options
  • When they refresh the Canvas section is hidden.
  • However, when our devs remove the page ID and refresh the Canvas section returns with the sections inside it.

titus

Can I direct message you more details? I can send you all the code I'm using etc...