Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Site Branding modifications - links not clickable

Guest Guest

I've modified the Site Branding template to include a Twitter feed, and another button to follow someone on Twitter, but I'm having a really hard time getting the Site Branding template to work well in all browsers, and now I have a bug where the links are not clickable. This is the site I'm having the issues on: http://meggmusic.com/ I had to do a few CSS hacks to get the Site Branding section to render properly in IE7 and below, and restructured the HTML / CSS a bit so it would render properly. I'm using inline CSS until I can get it to where I want it and put it in the custom CSS. Code below.

<div class="branding_wrap">
	<?php if(pagelines_option('pagelines_custom_logo')):?>
		" title="<?php bloginfo('name');?> <?php _e('Home', 'pagelines');?>">
			<?php pagelines_register_hook( 'pagelines_before_header_image', 'branding' );?>
			" alt="<?php bloginfo('name');?>" />

<?php else:?>
		<h1 class="site-title">

/" title="<?php _e('Home','pagelines');?>">
				<?php bloginfo('name');?>

</h1>
		<h6 class="site-description"><?php bloginfo('description');?></h6>
	<?php endif;?>

<div style="margin-top: -70px;*margin-top: 28px;padding-left: 190px;*padding-left: 20px;width: 380px;color:#fff;float: left;font-weight:bold; position: absolute;"><h3 style="font-size:14px;font-weight: bold;"><?php twitter_messages("meggmusic"); ?></h3></div>
	<div style="margin-top: -96px;*margin-top: 6px;padding-left: 846px;*padding-left: 680px;float: left;position: absolute;"></div>

</div>
	<?php pagelines_register_hook( 'pagelines_after_branding_wrap', 'branding' );?>[/code]

Suggestions?

Kate

@Tyler Hey, did you get this figured out? I've checked IE, FF, Safari, and Chrome, and the links all seem fine.

Guest Guest

Kate, the issue is the links in the branding / header (which is below the menu on this site). If you try and click on the Megg logo you can only click the very bottom of the image in Safari / Chrome / FF. I don't have a PC so I can't test in IE. Also, if the tweet has any links it, they cannot be clicked at all.

cmunns

The link tag is collapsing around the image. You may have to fix it by applying a float to the link itself since the item before it is also floated.

Guest Guest

@Adam. I couldn't get it to work. The div is already float: left; and I tried floating h3 tag as well to no avail. As for the image, I can't get it to work either, and it is already float left. From what I tell, it appears as if the branding_wrap is somehow showing above everything else. All of these items are within that brand_wrap div. I have it set on "position: absolute; zoom: 1;" as defined in theme.css. I really need help on this one, and unfortunately the site is live.

ericmyers

Tyler, I tested it in IE and every popular browser and it is working fine.

Guest Guest
4xbnN.png In the image above, the blue highlighted area is clickable. However, the redish/orange areas are not clickable in Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. That's what I'm trying to fix.

bryan-hadaway

The problem is that the Twitter text and Twitter graphic divs are covering everything up. The CSS just isn't quite there. Instead of `padding-left` use `margin-left` and we'll see how far that get's us. Thanks, Bryan

Guest Guest

@Bryan - It worked. You sir are my hero. Can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you.