Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

primetime

Sidewalk Instructions

primetime

Hi,

Where are the instructions to use Sidewalk? When I use the section it doesn't give me the option to make changes to it. All is does is list my categories and archives.

Thanks,

Danny

Hi,

1. In order to use SideWalk, go to the front end of your site.
  2. Go to the "Add to Page" tab then drag and drop the section onto the page. Typically this would be into a column you have decided will be your sidebar area.
  3. Hover over the section and click the pencil icon that appears. This will open up the options in the PageLines toolbar.
  4. Choose the sidebar or widget area you would like to have sticky.
  5. Refresh the page.

Please search our forums, before posting!

primetime

That's what I was thinking. Is there supposed to be a drop-down to select which widget? There is no option for me. I tried attaching a screenshot but was getting an upload error. So I copy and pasted the section.

SideWalk →  uqjhliz  template scope

Standard Options
Standard Title 
Custom Styling Classes 
Inline CSS Styling 
Use sparingly. Example: "text-transform:uppercase; font-size: 80%;"
Hide on specific pages or posts? (IDs Comma Separated) 
Applicable in global regions. Enter Page IDs (comma separated) to hide this section only on those pages. The ID for this page/post is: 559

Danny

You add SideWalk to your template, then go to Appearance > Widgets and then add your widgets to the Sticky Sidebar.

primetime

Thanks @Danny

Danny

No problem.

• Similar Content

• webmktco
      By webmktco
      I'm trying to stop the resizing of a vertical menu in a Sidewalk widget. I've checked the CSS using Firebug, but I think it's a JS thing.  

Does anyone know how to stop the widget from resizing (width) when scrolling?
      http://www.screencast.com/t/f5N2xFVNWk7J
    • webmktco
      By webmktco
      First time using SideWalk and I'm having issues when scrolling down the page. It seems that if there's a new canvas section, the SideWalk loses it's z-index.

Is there a limitation w/ this section?

http://imprezzio.marketing/social-media/
    • Brian
      By Brian+
      Hello,

Great new section. Was testing it locally and noticed an slight issue. If there's any sections that you add in a new canvas below the canvas that SideWalk is in, SideWalk goes over it instead of stopping. Example: inside a canvas area you place 2 Columns, then add WP Content in one column, SideWalk in the other. Now add a second canvas area, place it below, and then place any section (iBox, RevSlider, etc.) in it. Make sure you have enough placeholder text in the content area, then view results in browser.

What needs to be done to make it stop when a new canvas area is added? Essentially, making it stop as it does when it reaches the footer.

Thanks,
      B