Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bschokman

DMS 2.0 Website on IE, Chrome & FF a Mess (Safari Ok)

Recommended Posts

bschokman

Hi All,

I'm having a problem in rendering the website correctly.

When logged Into Wordpress:

DMS 2.0 Website DOES render correctly in design-mode in Chrome. 

When not logged into Wordpress:

DMS 2.0 Website does NOT render correctly in IE, FF and Chrome.

DMS 2.0 Website DOES render correctly in Safari.

What I've done to try fix the problem:

I updated all plug-ins including DMS to the latest versions - did not fix the problem.

I disabled all plug-ins except for DMS ones - did not fix the problem.

I've checked on "Enable CSS Classes' in the 'Pagelines Pro' tab in Wordpress - did not fix the problem.

 

Need help!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the site in question please.


Please search our forums, before posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny

As far as I can tell you have two issues.

1. You have a JS error which has been caused by the Carousel section not being configured correctly.

2. Your CSS issue from what I can see is related to your SSL. If you disable this, I do believe your issue will be resolved. How have you setup your SSL ?


Please search our forums, before posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bschokman

Thanks Danny,

I thought it was in the Carousel section too as I'd injected some basic HTML <font> styling there. I checked that (and it appeared to be sound). The SSL the hosting company (Crazy Domains) set up but I don't believe it's the hosting only because I have dev'd two other sites off this one and they are both working fine. see www.uxmelbourne.com.au (note that one doesn't have a carousel).

Can you point me in the right direction in regards to the JS error in the Carousel section please. What was the piece of code you found and was it the HTML <font> injection I mentioned above.

Thanks again,

Bernard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danny

Hi Bernard,

Firstly, you shouldn't be using the <font> tag is not supported in HTML5 and should use CSS instead. Therefore, you're going to want to remove that however, you injected it.

The issue with your CSS is as far as I can tell, caused by your sites SSL, as you can see from my screenshot - https://cloudup.com/c7I6ernMR1l

Therefore, you're going to need to contact your web host and ask them how they setup your SSL and then post the steps they have taken here.


Please search our forums, before posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bschokman

Thanks Danny,

I'll think about how I'm going to approach this solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bschokman

Hi Danny,

Thank you for this help. The ISP came to the party after a second attempt. This is resolved now.

Regards,

Bernard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×