Sign in to follow this  
extinctionblues

Installing Platform Pro

extinctionblues

I'm trying to follow directions to installing Platform Pro. Your website says: To Install: 1. There are two ways to install a new theme into WP. ??? Use the native theme uploader in WordPress. (Under: ???appearance??? > ???Themes??? > ???Upload???) - there is no upload option there, and I purchased this product because I dont really have a great understanding of the coding or servers, I do not know how to access my themes folder on my wordpress ftp. How do I get pagelines up and running so I can drag and drop my layout?

extinctionblues

Furthermore, the wordpress website says: We do not allow FTP (File Transfer Protocol) access to any WordPress.com blogs. ?? please explain

extinctionblues

Alright, so I've got it set up using MAMP on a local server (i guess?) but how do I migrate this over to my url extinctionblues.com to edit that blog?!?! please help...

ericmyers

Joshua, On a WordPress.com blog, you are not able to run a custom bought theme. If you apply for http://vip.wordpress.com/ which costs money; you are. Your only second option is to find a host that supports WordPress and the things needed to run WordPress. Do you have your own domain? If so, I would be kindly enough to give you some options for a host or I could host your new blog for you.

extinctionblues

Eric - Thanks for the advice, I already purchased my domain, extinctionblues.com via WordPress and have all my contributors signed up with wordpress logins.

extinctionblues

OR - sorry, what should I do so that I can retain the domain I purchased through Wordpress, and use PageLines? After purchasing the domain, the CSS upgrade and now PageLines I'm running low on funds.

ericmyers

Joshua, The only option is to find another host. I would be comfortable providing you hosting on a server of mine if you need it. If so, shoot me a email at: eric{at}nerdenvy.net