Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

liesbetbickett

Blog Page

liesbetbickett

How do I create a blog page which displays my latest blog posts and which I can then link to in my menu and in other areas?  Basically just a roll like this: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/#axzz3dr6CEbH7?

I have gone through all the post formats and various post navigations - I am just not sure which one formats like the traditional blog style - most recent on top with pre-view, then the next post below, the next one below, etc... displaying a certain number of recent posts.

Thanks.

liesbetbickett

But I don't want the blog roll to be my front page.  I just want be able to put it in my menu.  In page lines academy I saw examples of a website which has a front page (probably something like the welcome template) and has a link in the menu to the blog roll.  That's what I want to do. Is there a way of doing that?

liesbetbickett

My understanding and experience is that the front page as set in wordpress is set as the landing page. Perhaps there is a way to make it not the landing page.

Danny

By default WordPress will display your posts on the front-page. Therefore, if you do not want your blog/posts to be displayed on your homepage/front-page, you will need to use the static pages option. This allows you to select a page to be used as your static homepage i.e. no posts will be displayed and also set a page to act as your blog.

When you do this, you can then go to your WordPress menu and add a menu item that will link to your blog. Lets say for example, you have created a few pages, one called Homepage and the other called Blog. You will want to go to the static pages option in the WordPress settings and set the Font page option to Homepage and Posts page option to your Blog page.

Then you can go to WordPress Admin Dashboard => Appearance => Menus and create or add to your existing menu the page called Blog. Save the menu and assign it to your navigation section. Once assigned, simply refresh and you should now have a link in your menu called Blog. When you click this link, it will take you to your Blog page i.e. Posts page that you set in your WordPress Reading settings.

Please search our forums, before posting!

liesbetbickett

Thank you.  That did it.

Danny

No problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!